Active Topics

Notices

After I install it,run it,it goes through it's load up process (black screen with the loading circle thing at the top middle screen) then nothing happens. It just throws me back to whatever I was doing. I uninstall it and reinstall it and same thing. Any feedback or help? Thanks in advance!

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
@anismistry: there should be no problem in rebooting, as far as I know.
To others with problems in QT libraries: you can install swappolube-nogui for now, waiting for the repos to stabilize. You get the same tweaks as the graphical version, only you can't finetune them further.

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
A temporary fix for all those hit by the PyQt4 libraries problem in the repositories have been discussed here: https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11539#c5

Those uncomfortable with the xterm and such, should wait a few more days till the situation gets fixed.

Last edited by Saturn; 2010-11-13 at 10:54. Reason: grammar :)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
guys i intalled this app, and as state before it doesn't start, i know that downgrading python can fix the problem, but is there another way to fix it ? without downgrading anything ?

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by maddude View Post
guys i intalled this app, and as state before it doesn't start, i know that downgrading python can fix the problem, but is there another way to fix it ? without downgrading anything ?
Sorry, not that I know of. As said before you can wait till it's fixed upstream in the repos.

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
ok no problem i'll wait, i taught at first that this was caused by my custom emmc, i'm using a custom emmc that partitions my memory with 5 gb for apps and the rest for MyDocs, its the easiest way to get more space for preenv games .

anyone got it working yet ? today i disabled all my catalogues than reinstalled it, and its still not working.

The PyQt issue should be fixed now. All the libraries have been updated in the repositories.

cheers

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I just started using this program. It seems cool. With overclocking, Swappolube, nine windows, desktop-switching, uboot, and other good things, my N900 is becoming like a new device.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 146 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Poland
I think the proposed parameters have a negative effect on downloading with transmission app. It stalls and hangs for me.

Just a theory, but maybe somebody can confirm.

Yesterday I activated the proposed paramaters.

Then started transmission - N900 hung.
Reverted to original parameters (restart).
Started transmission waited a while for it to download some, then activating proposed parameters.
Left it overnight.

In the morning, transmission was not responding, download had not progressed and BaterryGraph shows above 50% usage whole night (good, that it was on charger).

The Following User Says Thank You to Robb For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada lubes, bada rox, swappiness, tuning