Active Topics

Are we doomed to lose the GNU\Linux in our Pockets?
Unless somebody with the money and the skills comes up with it

Let's enjoy Maemo until it lasts!!!!

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
looks like youre the one who willing to pay the bill for the servers etc...
There has been numerous offers on here for this lot to shift too and i still say Reggie should start up a membership fee.

If you got to pay to get on a site then the first thing you will do is treat it with respect and give as much as you take, think about it .

And the title of this thread should be changed to something like... The End Will Come Only If We Allow It !.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
You start up a membership fee, the expectations will rise even higher than they currently are set for a free membership site.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
No i do not agree, having money around means some can be paid for the organisation put into a FOSS driven community such as testing and community layout among a few that would make a big difference.

Money makes the world go round and also creates respect, something this community lacks sometimes.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
You start up a membership fee, the expectations will rise even higher than they currently are set for a free membership site.
And that is exactly what needs to happen !, higher expectations mean a higher level of input.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
No i do not agree, having money around means some can be paid for the organisation put into a FOSS driven community such as testing and community layout among a few that would make a big difference.
I don't think you get FOSS, dude.

Money makes the world go round and also creates respect
Wow, I think you also don't get respect.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
And that is exactly what needs to happen !, higher expectations mean a higher level of input.
Erm. Not how a meritocracy like FOSS works.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
The Foss community obviously works for free in the development area BUT how the community is put together and works is what takes the time.

You obviously do not understand what i am going on about here.

Look at this community and look at the arguments that go on, is all too far from the professional way it should be as developers should have the respect they deserve.

Members should be somewhat vetted and made to sign an agreement NOT to do anything but develop and help development in every way without argument.

Maybe an impossible situation to make happen in this world ?.

members should be somewhat vetted and made to sign an agreement NOT to do anything but develop and help development in every way without argument.
Show me one place this works.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Show me one place this works.
Don't work on communities that are free to join because any twit can join it just to create arguments among members.

Stricter rules are needed for sure as well as a membership fee.

My last comment that you omitted "Maybe an impossible situation to make happen in this world ?. ".

Tags
community, discussion, doom!, future, gloom!, meego, patience, qole rocks, smilebehappy:)