Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
[QUOTE=Android_808;1153740]ed_boner:
Have you tried looking at the battery output from lshal/ /sys entries. AS has been stated already, batteries deteriorate yada.. yada.. Fully charge the device and find the entries for the design charge and current charge which IIRC are in mWh. If you are still getting the 85% reading, compare it to current/design*100.

tks android..can you teach me how to see this output please?
my batteries are ok..one day they were charging 95% / 97%...next day they both stop at 85%..thats why i find it really strange..

Last edited by ed_boner; 2012-01-21 at 20:34.

Originally Posted by FlameReaper View Post
Note that you have to cover the whole screen (as in literally from edge to edge) and not just a portion of it for it to work.
Not true. Cursor mode in microB actually works best, if You just on left side, *outside* the screen and lift Your finger just after entering actual screen. no need to swipe all way to the right edge.

Same apply for browsing history.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
ed_boner:
Code:
lshal > info.txt
That'll give you a break down of lots of hardware info. You can then search for "battery" in a text editor or using grep.

You need the following few bits of info.
Code:
battery.charge_level.percentage = 92  (0x5c)  (int)
battery.reporting.current = 1161  (0x489)  (int)
battery.reporting.design = 1261  (0x4ed)  (int)
My phone is apparently fully charged when this was taken. The charge level is calculated like so:

(1161/1261) x 100 = 92%

It's a two year old battery so it won't charge to the designed amount.
Try comparing the charge level here with the reported 85% you got elsewhere.

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Not true. Cursor mode in microB actually works best, if You just on left side, *outside* the screen and lift Your finger just after entering actual screen. no need to swipe all way to the right edge.

Same apply for browsing history.

/Estel
Thanks for pointing that out, since what I got was like what I said.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FlameReaper For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
Camera & Camera UI
- There are two "General Settings". Perhaps "Application Settings" should be from the top as a drop-down settings menu, while "General Settings" is the name for the menu that appears from the spanner?
I should rename one to "Application Settings".
- There is a zero in the top-left of the screen, next to the big A. What is it?
- There used to be a distance meter on the last release, but I can't find it. Was it disbanded?
The zero in the top-right of the screen is the distance meter.
- Is there a means to hide all icons?
Not yet. But it is a good idea.
- Please confirm: the HD record can only be used once Kernel-Power and freemangordon's scripts have been installed?
Yes.

Thanks for all your feedback.

Nicolai

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Originally Posted by nicolai View Post
- Is there a means to hide all icons?
Not yet. But it is a good idea.
Some way to control the application only through the hardware keys and a gesture to lock/unlock the screen would be a boost. Currently it's very difficult not to press something in the touchscreen when you are trying to do something else.

Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post

zzzchainzzz:
Try to aim slightly above the address bar. It works okay but seems quite sensitive as to where you need to swipe.
@Android_808 Thanks a MILLION. It worked, swiping it as u instructed.

Note**
a) u dont have to swipe all the way to the right just as Estel said earlier.

b) it doesnt matter where u swipe on the left. ( whether bottom, middle or top ).

c) The trick is slidling frm outside d screen into the screen with a bit of QUICKNESS to it. (i observed).

Any thought of making available the option of removing orientation lock in future CSSU testing releases? Thx

Last edited by zzzchainzzz; 2012-01-22 at 16:00.

Posts: 234 | Thanked: 281 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Helsinki
The earlier reported network problem continued to a point that I had to restore a backup. My device could not connect to internet at all. First enabling and then disabling Wifi Switcher I could have the menu to select network.
Thought ok, will remove wifi switcher if that was the issue. Then I couldn't connect to web at all. Cell phone worked on both 2g and 3g. Tapping Internet Connection -selector on status menu didn't give the menu. Connect Now -widgets didn't work. I'll stick to previous version until I get advice to troubleshoot the problem.

Originally Posted by shanttu View Post
The earlier reported network problem continued to a point that I had to restore a backup. My device could not connect to internet at all. First enabling and then disabling Wifi Switcher I could have the menu to select network.
Thought ok, will remove wifi switcher if that was the issue. Then I couldn't connect to web at all. Cell phone worked on both 2g and 3g. Tapping Internet Connection -selector on status menu didn't give the menu. Connect Now -widgets didn't work. I'll stick to previous version until I get advice to troubleshoot the problem.
I sometimes have issues where it doesn't want to find my network even if right next to router. Another time Wifi/3g/2g will connect to network, progress bar will start going back and forth but the page never starts downloading/ never gets reply/ never times out.. just does nothing. Reboot usually fixes it. Touch wood, it hasn't happened since reflash.

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Harick View Post
AFAIK there is no way of disable the editing mode in hildon-home (aka desktops/widgets) would be a nice and doable feature tho.
Just seen Saturn's post. Sorry, I thought the Features (i.e. extended settings) was bundled with the CSSU.

- Power button
> CSSU Features > Edit mode > Desktop menu > Disable
> CSSU Features > Edit mode > Application menu > Disable
...easy!

- what about the blue gear wheel though? Can this be turned off?

Re: browser swipe:
Look in your instruction manual (part of core PR1.2 and 1.3).
Swipe in from left: activate pointer like a mouse.
Swipe in from right: show history of that browser window AND a "complete browsing history" button, to view everything in microB's history.

As also mentioned above, all swipes should be from outside LCD area to about 1cm inside LCD area. Make sure you are pushing firmly on the zone outside the LCD; usinng the stylus can make swiping more reliable.

@Nicolai
- I haven't inspected the code - is the distance meter active in the latest release? Why doesn't the zero change? Sorry, meant right hand side!
- Thanks for confirming HD operation. Trouble is installing KP is a massive tempation to OC and that's a recipe for disaster!

Calulator
Does anyone else notice the problems I mentioned above?

Tags
cssu testing