Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by hawaii View Post
Arek is h0pbeat's name - and that is his N900.

We're just having fun with you lunatics
Oh that's golden. HA!

I enjoy a good joke like any other... good one guys.

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney

The Following User Says Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
That's funny, I best go get the pliers to yank the hook out.

The Following User Says Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 43 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on May 2011 @ /dev/ttyS0
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
That's funny, I best go get the pliers to yank the hook out.
If it didn't look like the same phone most of the people in this thread already have, then it may have tricked someone. :P

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to morbid For This Useful Post:
Posts: 293 | Thanked: 372 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Westside
i keep coming to this drying up well of a thread so thirsty, but every time end gulping a handful of sand. yet I can't get enough of it. damn you Nokia and your shiny crack-like handsets!

on another note, Mango is a tricky fruit: eat it too early and you'll get a bitter aftertaste, leave it sitting on the shelf too long and you'll find it rotten to the core.

"The Cake Is A Lie"

The Following User Says Thank You to frostbyte For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
They all have some form of multitasking. Just limited.

iPhone - It has background running services. Not really multi-tasking as we know it. But sadly most don't seem to care.
Android - Does have a task manager/switcher. But it's limited and pauses/kills apps in background. (very annoying)
WP7 - After this Mango update, it has better multitasking than iPhone or Android imo. Very much S^3-like.
Maemo - We know it already. Currently the best imo. Full proper multi-tasking. Wish N900 had better CPU and more RAM!
Harmattan - if what K123 said was true, it seems to be similar to Maemo with live thumbnails and swiping between live apps.
Blackberry OS 6 on RIM's Playbook - Real multitasking too, something like a cross between Maemo and MeeGo ones with swiping between apps and live thumbs to choose from. Not bad actually.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wps624RkyM

Last edited by Bundyo; 2011-05-25 at 05:29.

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
**** the playbook
maybe when they make an email app that doesn't require you buy a phone to go with your $500 tablet

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Creamy Goodness View Post
**** the playbook
maybe when they make an email app that doesn't require you buy a phone to go with your $500 tablet
http://socialtimes.com/video-preview...alendar_b60965

Anyway, I was simply completing the list of mobile OS multitasking, seems everyone forgets about them while the OS is not really that bad.

Last edited by Bundyo; 2011-05-25 at 06:08.

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Blackberry OS 6 on RIM's Playbook - Real multitasking too, something like a cross between Maemo and MeeGo ones with swiping between apps and live thumbs to choose from. Not bad actually.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wps624RkyM
And the palm pre too, It has been doing native multitasking since it came out I think at the end of 2009 like maemo. But maemo is still better because in the palm pre or bbb playbock when you have 30 apps open and you are on the last one and want to go back to the first one for example, you have swipe all over the apps, and that can be slow. In maemo the windows get smaller and you can see all apps.

The only thing that palm did very well on marketing was to develop the same palm pre with more ram, I mean the pre+. If nokia matter to release and N900 with 512MB ram, same software, even same CPU, I will totally buy it.

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 224 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Africa
Originally Posted by shady View Post
@bergie: "iPad has 256 megs of RAM. MeeGo needs 512 just to boot". Lots of improvement needed. #meegoconf
So my N900 has 512MB ram? It does boot MeeGo ..

Or, are they meaning the Intel Tablet UX doesn't boot with less than 512MB ram?

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland