Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 104 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by ixahmd View Post
Hi Guys

I have been using v0.0.25 til today and received registration fail message. I removed v0.0.25 "dkpg -r yappari" and updated with yappari_0.0.27_armel.deb by using:
Code:
dpkg -i yappari_0.0.27_armel.deb
rebooted the phone and getting "blocked" message in log files. I didn't remove any directories from previous version. The log is attached. Any way to work around this issue if anyone else has seen the same problem as of today or with version v0.0.25?

Thank you.
I would assume that whatsapp has blocked your number for some reason or maybe no reason at all, in which case your only option is to contact whatsapp and ask them to unblock your number.

I might be wrong though, and "Blocked" could simply mean that your registration has expired.

Better wait for a response from Scorpius.

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by mlwane View Post
I would assume that whatsapp has blocked your number for some reason or maybe no reason at all, in which case your only option is to contact whatsapp and ask them to unblock your number.

I might be wrong though, and "Blocked" could simply mean that your registration has expired.

Better wait for a response from Scorpius.
I haven't seen the log but I would try to reregister the number by deleting the yappari.conf file.

EDIT: I just saw the log and definitely Whatsapp blocked you and I'm not sure if there's a way out of it. First time I see this.

EDIT 2: I wonder if it has anything to do with the expiration but I would assume it would let you reregister and everything but wouldn't let you log in.

Last edited by Scorpius; 2013-01-14 at 03:12.

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ united states
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
I haven't seen the log but I would try to reregister the number by deleting the yappari.conf file.

EDIT: I just saw the log and definitely Whatsapp blocked you and I'm not sure if there's a way out of it. First time I see this.

EDIT 2: I wonder if it has anything to do with the expiration but I would assume it would let you reregister and everything but wouldn't let you log in.
It definitely started with my expiration by UTC time today. However, I have tried the following and none has worked (in every instance I have rebooted the device and tested:

1-Generated a different expiration string from http://www.epochconverter.com/ but got block message.
2-Generated a different start of registration string but still got blocked.
3-renamed yappari.conf to yappari.conf.bak and still got "block" msg
The connection is using c.whatsapp.net:443, I changed to port but still logging "blocked" response from whatsapp servers.

Last edited by ixahmd; 2013-01-14 at 05:45.

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Lebanon- Beirut
So me too my number was suddenly blocked last night and it's asking me to register but neither the msg or call methods are working. I'm getting the "blocked" error!

Edit: I deleted the .conf file and tried to register again, same response, sms registration failed, call couldn't be setup server reason: blocked

Edit 2: I tried to register using Bluestacks and i was told that my number is not allowed to use their services anymore.

Last edited by ahmadamaj; 2013-01-16 at 18:42.

i have installed, register, confirm the telp number, received message about a code nd then logged in.

what i should do next? the status say im logged in, when i try to open chat, it says contact havent been syncrnized yet. when i click on sync now, it says contact will be syncrnzed in the bckground, but nothing happened. still blank sheet of window (with create chat menu on the top).
how to add contact, or chatting with another whatsapp member?

sry, im new to this such whatsapp/yappari apps.

Last edited by RottenFish; 2013-01-14 at 08:06.

Originally Posted by ahmadamaj View Post
So me too my number was suddenly blocked last night and it's asking me to register but neither the msg or call methods are working. I'm getting the "blocked" error!

Edit: I deleted the .conf file and tried to register again, same response, sms registration failed, call couldn't be setup server reason: blocked

Edit 2: I tried to register using Bluestacks and i was told that my number is not allowed to use their services anymore.
Same thing happening to me. I have no idea why I got blocked.
I can't login and when I try to register from scratch, I get "server response: blocked".
I guess the IMEI has nothing to do with the block so it's all related to the phone number.

Originally Posted by RottenFish View Post
i have installed, register, confirm the telp number, received message about a code nd then logged in.

what i should do next? the status say im logged in, when i try to open chat, it says contact havent been syncrnized yet. when i click on sync now, it says contact will be syncrnzed in the bckground, but nothing happened. still blank sheet of window (with create chat menu on the top).
how to add contact, or chatting with another whatsapp member?

sry, im new to this such whatsapp/yappari apps.
Hi,

the issue is that Whatsapp changed the synchronisation process serverside, so contacts can't be synced from Yappari right now, this requires a fix in the software first.

While the Wazapp app for the N9 seems to be having this fix already (judging from their changelog), Scorpius (the lead dev of Yappari) didn't have the time to fix that bug in Yappari for N900. Just be patient, I assume the version will be updated soon (as soon as Scorpius finds the time or another dev submits a patch to fix this), no promises though.

In the meantime, your friends can chat you up on your number and you will see a conversation in the conversation list (main window), so once that's done you can start chatting with those friends already.

Cheers

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tschaka For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Tschaka View Post
Hi,

In the meantime, your friends can chat you up on your number and you will see a conversation in the conversation list (main window), so once that's done you can start chatting with those friends already.

Cheers
yes, it works. i can chat with my friend.
anyway, can i see the profil picture like in real whatsapp? or it only made that way (show only chat bars),

or do i need to install that oracle jre and java port first? cuz i didnt do that..(only install yappari)

Originally Posted by RottenFish View Post
yes, it works. i can chat with my friend.
anyway, can i see the profil picture like in real whatsapp? or it only made that way (show only chat bars),

or do i need to install that oracle jre and java port first? cuz i didnt do that..(only install yappari)
Good to know that it works!

You can see profile pictures, but not the ones from Whatsapp it self (as fetching those from the servers is not implemented (maybe yet)) but those that you have for your contacts in your N900 phone book. This, alas, will not work before Synchronisation doesn't work, of course.

Forget the java port. They
a) wouldn't work with recent Whatsapp
b) don't modifiy/update Yappari in any way
c) haven't been updated in a very long time

Hope this helps.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tschaka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by ahmadamaj View Post

Wow, and have you verified if your expiration date is due?

By the way I'm not paying when my expiration comes I'll just use Google Talk.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp