Notices

Originally Posted by kyllerbuzcut View Post
Has anyone heard any news with respect to the possibility of making alien dalvik work 'backwards'. The eventual objective would be to take any android phone, put reverse alien dalvik on it, and boot up maemo or meego.
This would probably require someone actually creating such a "reverse alien dalvik" application. More on target, since many MeeGo apps will be built with Qt, it would help to get Qt on Android. Google can get you information about projects currently afloat.

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Texas
Qt is already on android via the lighthouse project

http://code.google.com/p/android-lighthouse/

I have yet to try it as I do not have an android device, but a friend of mine said it worked quite well.

The Following User Says Thank You to flux41 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
Yes, for developers. The developers which has and owns the source code. If they don't want to release it a port wouldn't be possible except it needs only to copy the binaries to the device. But I doubt this...
Copying binaries won't work since Meego and Harmatten are compiled hardfp and Maemo 5 is softfp.

Originally Posted by kyllerbuzcut View Post
Has anyone heard any news with respect to the possibility of making alien dalvik work 'backwards'. The eventual objective would be to take any android phone, put reverse alien dalvik on it, and boot up maemo or meego.
On Android you can run linux distros in a chroot like we can do with EasyDebian, the problem is that Android doesn't use X like most Linux distros do, the workaround for this is to run a VNC server from the chrooted Linux distro and a VNC client in Android. I haven't tried this myself, but I can only imagine the use of VNC produces suboptimal performance. It would be better to run a proper X server on Android, but I would imagine that approach runs into issues with drivers

Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
Originally Posted by flux41 View Post
Qt is already on android via the lighthouse project

http://code.google.com/p/android-lighthouse/

I have yet to try it as I do not have an android device, but a friend of mine said it worked quite well.
It's not fully working yet. I've tried it.
Qnetwokaccessmanager doesn't support cookies, so you can't make web based apps that needs user login.
And it doesn't support the android theme, apps looks like sh*t and it's hard to use buttons.
So, basically, it only works fine for qml apps for now.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CepiPerez For This Useful Post:
i would pay for this app if this is ever going to be released on n900. Almost jizzed in my pants, but i guess we never get this

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Pune, India
whn is this app cming out?

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lower Saxony
the day after flash10 with hardware support comes out

(aka never)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to casketizer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by casketizer View Post
the day after flash10 with hardware support comes out

(aka never)
lol... as well as..

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZXho...eature=related
it seems nice only if nokia buys myriad alien dalvik for N900 ( aka never ) ,though rumor is that N9 is gonna get it by the end of this year ,perhaps !!

Originally Posted by prankster View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZXho...eature=related
it seems nice only if nokia buys myriad alien dalvik for N900 ( aka never ) ,though rumor is that N9 is gonna get it by the end of this year ,perhaps !!
hope so!...

Tags
2014 no dalvik, android, dalvik, its christmas!, java vm, just shoot me, maemo, meegdroid, meego