Originally Posted by jackburton View Post
Has anybody made a video of the process? I flashed kernels with different patches from later kernel versions for the past two weeks probably 30 or more times. I could make a video if somebody thinks it's worth it.
wouldn't that be nice, @jackburton !

@juiceme's post is categorically clear to me (thanks a bunch @juiceme & @Hurrian). M going to try this out now. Then, perhaps, if a video's made, we could always link it it the OP for so newbie's such as me don't pester the experienced with same basic questions

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StygiAn TrepidAtioN For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
...and this, ladies and gents, is why I don't intend on supporting boot methods other than Ubiboot (although, it must work both ways!)

I recognize though that some people legitimately prefer not having Ubiboot - and I'll respect that choice.
Yeah, I plan on checking out this ubiboot goodness soon.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jackburton For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,552 | Thanked: 3,108 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Russia, 96
What about MTP?

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by Ancelad View Post
What about MTP?
Sorry for the late replies - just finished my exams!

I remember there being a f_mtp and ptp driver for Buteo MTP, but it was never implemented for Harmattan.

If we get Buteo MTP working, it should be possible to merge all partitions on the device into one big partition, with different btrfs subvolumes.

No more problems with partitioning out 16GB of space!

Posts: 1,552 | Thanked: 3,108 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Russia, 96
Yeah it would be nice...

The Following User Says Thank You to Ancelad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Hey Hurrian,
I was just remembered by this.

What about including 'open up max. number of mmcblk devices' in kernel-plus?
I know I know, it would only be helpful if juiceme (ubiboot) and e-yes (nitdroid) would fix their kernels also. And even than nemo/sailfish/other would need to reside on partitions lower p8, but that would offer a lot more of possible partitions/OSes/playground.

So Hurrian and juiceme. What do you think? If you feel like to play with it, I would encourage you to get in contact with e-yes afterwards.

Please do not see this as request or demand (atm I am fine with 7 partitions ), but as a reminder (something to think/talk about).

Merry christmas

--
oh and btw
Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
Sorry for the late replies - just finished my exams!
Congrats!

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2013-12-25 at 10:26. Reason: added description in link

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Hey Hurrian,
I was just remembered by this.

What about including this in kernel-plus?
I know I know, it would only be helpful if juiceme (ubiboot) and e-yes (nitdroid) would fix their kernels also. And even than nemo/sailfish/other would need to reside on partitions lower p8, but that would offer a lot more of possible partitions/OSes/playground.

So Hurrian and juiceme. What do you think? If you feel like to play with it, I would encourage you to get in contact with e-yes afterwards.

Please do not see this as request or demand (atm I am fine with 7 partitions ), but as a reminder (something to think/talk about).

Merry christmas

--
oh and btw
Congrats!
I'll have to look into that, it would be a nice addition even as you say it is not absolutely necessity.
I'd say btrf support for example is more urgent atm.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Hello

I recently installed the latest version of Kernel plus.

Could it be because of this, that everytime I delete or install an app, my N9 closes all open programs? I have absolutely now idea how to begun solving this problem.

Also, shouldn't this Kernel include Opptimizer compatibility? At least on my phone Opptimizer does not recognize this.

The Following User Says Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 446 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Austria/Germany
This problem is present in every open mode kernel afaik

here's the fix:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ng#post1387413

I don't know about opptimizer though as I don't overclock my N9....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mcbook For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
perhaps add this to the next - major - update ?
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...51&postcount=9

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:

Tags
kernel-plus