Notices

I accidently pushed /mnt as my video directory.. and obviously mytube can't create video dir in there, and therefor it dies.
Have tried to reinstall it without success.. is there any other way to remove settings for it?

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
I'm not sure if this is possible, but i would really like to get search results sorted by date: newest first.

Thanks for the great app.

it seems youtube-dl is no longer grabbing the video. Has anyone had any luck getting a newer version of that script working on the n800/n810?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to liquid217 For This Useful Post:
Not only does the download no longer work, but "play" doesn't work on my n810, either. Anybody know what happened?

Mytube opens properly, search works, but selecting a video to view or download starts the "rotating dash" inside brackets, and then NOTHING.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
could be its a issue at the youtube end, as i have gotten it to download using the command line directly.

hrmf, the command line client works, but doing it from inside mytube barfs, even tho he command used should be the exact same one.

funny, first the command works, then it fails. Seems there is something at the youtube end that do not always present a webpage with a "t" parameter, whatever that is.

Last edited by tso; 2010-04-02 at 13:08.

Originally Posted by tso View Post
could be its a issue at the youtube end,...
Yes, Youtube did change the strucutre of their website. Other Youtube download applications stopped working, too. e.g. also Canola can't download Youtube videos anymore.

In line 126 the youtube-dl-x script is trying without success to find some url matching "re.compile(r', "t": "([^"]+)"')" on the youtube page.

There is a "youtube-dl" script available at http://bitbucket.org/rg3/youtube-dl/wiki/Home which has recently been updated and is able again to download videos from Youtube.
Unfortunately this youtube-dl script and the youtube-dl-x script used by mytube seen to be quite different. I did already try to figure out how to apply the change done in youtube-dl to youtube-dl-x. Though so far without much success due to lack of python knowlede.

So I guess we have to wait until the mytube developer or some other Python god updates the script.

Last edited by iskarion; 2010-04-04 at 10:19.

Originally Posted by Uncle Gary View Post
Not only does the download no longer work, but "play" doesn't work on my n810, either. Anybody know what happened?

Mytube opens properly, search works, but selecting a video to view or download starts the "rotating dash" inside brackets, and then NOTHING.
Yup, I noticed yesterday... same issue as you here

Originally Posted by iskarion View Post

There is a "youtube-dl" script available at http://bitbucket.org/rg3/youtube-dl/wiki/Home which has recently been updated and is able again to download videos from Youtube.
Unfortunately this youtube-dl script and the youtube-dl-x script used by mytube seen to be quite different. I did already try to figure out how to apply the change done in youtube-dl to youtube-dl-x. Though so far without much success due to lack of python knowlede.

So I guess we have to wait until the mytube developer or some other Python god updates the script.
The youtube-dl script mentioned above is working on the Nokia N810 from the command line. You need to have the getpass.py module in your /usr/lib/python directory. I got the getpass.py module from my Ubuntu linux /usr/lib/python2.6 directory and copied it over to the Nokia. Unfortunately I can't get the youtube-dl script to work with mytube. Maybe its just a question of placing the correct command line options in mytube->preferences->more->youtube-dl.

Actually the youtube-dl script is working, but there are a couple of issues. First the indicator spins while the video is downloading, but it never displays the percentage and second the video does not begin to play until it is completely downloaded, which may take some time. Maybe someone can find a youtube-dl option to solve these two issues.

Thanks for the hint with getpass.py. Now it's working for me, too.

Actually you don't have to wait until the video has completely downloaded before you can play it. Klick the Download button wait for 10-15 secs and press the play button. Then the video playback starts right away.