Active Topics

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bahrain
I had my device synch for 2 weeks,
I reflashed my device today and started getting "Either Exchange server requires secure connection or account is disabled" error.
This is a bug, not some exchange server config issue.

Bug report created - Bug - 6592

Last edited by agogo; 2009-12-04 at 23:17.

Hey

I got it working flawlessy with exchange 2007, but why isn't there falgs and possibility to accept meeting request? And no company directory either.

In my old E71 I used to have them, why so big setback in functionality?

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Amsterdam
Hi,

the feature I really miss in this "not yet working" MfE is a simple log so I can understand what is wrong or unsupported. Coming from the Linux world I find it hard to see a progress bar stopped at 1/3 of the progress and a message saying "error" without some explanation.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to keesj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 23 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Reston, VA
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
It would be possible, yes, but the developers have flat-out refused to do this. It's probably in violation of whatever licensing agreements they have with Microsoft, and could well just lead to the N900 getting blacklisted from Exchange altogether.
thanks. kind of figured. i will just bear with having to visiting my school's site to keep up with email. only really needed it for when i was out of my office, but parents can always wait 10-15 minutes longer for a response.

this community rocks and enjoying my new toy

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 138 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ St. Louis, MO, USA
I got the calendar & contacts to sync with google, but really they're not "synced"... only the initial one worked. No updates to the calendar (even one a week old) showed up on the n900.

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Silicon Valley - USA now, UK originally
If the huge company I work for allowed non-provisionable devices to connect to Exchange, that would be great - but they don't. They are typical.

It is ridiculously frustrating to not be able to use my N900 as intended. It is an expensive device and for it not to have basic functionality (like syncing with Outlook regardless of company security policy) is pretty inexcusable.

I read a lot of the threads on this, but I consider it Nokia's responsibility to address this.

I just don't understand why Nokia would alienate so many customers and fail to compete with Blackberry, iPhone, and WinMob devices by not providing full Exchange/Outlook support.

Anyone know an effective way to get through to Nokia on this?
Thanks...~j

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ France
For future reference:

- Blackberry only supports exchange when you have BlackBerry Enterprise Server installed

- iPhone Exchange integration is nearly the same as the one on the N900 (only 2007 support)

- No device is able to connect to Exchange if your IT department doesn't make it visible to the outside world (auto-discovery only works for 2007 also). Don't blame Nokia or the N900 for this.

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Silicon Valley - USA now, UK originally
Originally Posted by CrashandDie View Post
- Blackberry only supports exchange when you have BlackBerry Enterprise Server installed .
Yes, and then it works for the company and the users.

- iPhone Exchange integration is nearly the same as the one on the N900 (only 2007 support).
Yes, only the iPhone is provisionable the N900 is not.

- No device is able to connect to Exchange if your IT department doesn't make it visible to the outside world (auto-discovery only works for 2007 also). Don't blame Nokia or the N900 for this.
Correct, but, speaking as a customer, I see iPhones and Blackberrys happily syncing mail, etc. from the 2007 Exchange server at work. Yet my N900 cannot. Realistically, customers are going to blame Nokia or the N900 for that.

I just want to see the N900 succeed and this is a dealbreaker for a lot of folk.

Hey Vitaly, first of all, thanks for being around and being patient with us the users.

I got one question, are you in charge too of MfE for Symbian? I was wondering if ver 3 is going to come anytime soon, and if sub-folders and HTML in mail support is coming with it.

Thanks

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

The Following User Says Thank You to mrojas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 74 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bahrain
allow non-provisionable may not solve all your issues.
We have the settings allowed and my N900 just doesn't like our exchange anymore after reflashing it.

Tags
activesync, certificate, email, exchange, fremantle, ignore tex14, maemo 5, mail for exchange, mfe, n900, provisioning, sync, thanks vitaly!