Posts: 233 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by rcarlos View Post
But store lists price inclusive of taxes....so whats the extra charge for....royalty ???
Maybe the reason we don't have more apps in the store? Bugs, such as overcharging would definitely delay the release...

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ India
Phew.... If I was nokia, thats the bug I would definitely not want to fix

Nokia keeps shooting themselves in the foot, IMHO.

A little tweet or blog post on conversations could solve all of this

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
I dont know about bugs but they stole 9 cents from me

In ovi store Pro version of Panorama app was 2.99CAD today when I checked my credit card statement "OVI STORE ESPOO" charged me 3.09CAD

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
in that case Ovi store should give store prices in USD not CAD...minor issue but annoying

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 321 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland (Turku)
Originally Posted by HellFlyer View Post

In ovi store Pro version of Panorama app was 2.99CAD today when I checked my credit card statement "OVI STORE ESPOO" charged me 3.09CAD
Don't worry, I gave good tips on my trips to TO, when I studied in Guelph a few years ago. The countries are even now.

About the Ovi Store, I'd be willing to spend a few euros for good games. The problem is that the game development is more or less happening in North America. And we all know how well Nokia is doing out there.

The Following User Says Thank You to Stonik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by HellFlyer View Post

$3.09 - $2.99 = 10 cents
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

He was willing to forgo the 1 cent for nokia taking the initiative of paid apps

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
I haven't looked in Ovi store yet. However, i am quite impressed with what i can get, all for free, in Extras.

I agree it's ridiculous what Ovi has (not) accomplished in the last six months, but I am a bit curious: what do people expect to get out of Ovi given the niche status of Maemo?
Lol, "niche status" is nice way to say Nokia killed Maemo and is telling all developers to make content for the next Meego device!! The problem is that if Ovi Store doesn't get new content, in some months probably Extra repositories will also get less content... and even fewer after a Meego device is launched.

If I were a fanboy or a Nokia employee hired to do damage control within the community (qgil) my answer would be something like that: "Qt4.6 is the answer for all your problems, it will make all iPhone and Android developers move to Meego, and therefore Maemo shall benefit indirectly due to the magical cross-platform compatibility Qt allows!!".

thats a good one russo and I believe thats the thought process of nokia too.But I have my doubts though...what makes us so confident that nokia wld get it all right with Meego? Are they much wiser now than when maemo 5 was created?