Active Topics

Notices

since installing call notify, my conversations inbox has stopped working - now when I try and uninstall it, it just says:

unable to uninstall 'callnotify'
Required by application packages:
snapy (0.1.2-3)
levelball (0.0.7-9)

any ideas how I can remove callnotify without getting rid of these two?

Uninstall Snapy and LevelBall...uninstall Call Notify and you can install first two apps..

Posts: 327 | Thanked: 249 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Λεμεσιανός, ρε!
Love this handy little application. Now, would we be able to integrate fMMS notifications ? http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=134

Hi Omer

Im new to linux and I am thoroughly enjoying the features of maemo with the n900. I installed callnotify successfully and managed to run it with no hitch. Then today I came across this issue. I did not see any status notifications anymore. Even after reboot the problem remained. Also after I receive an sms or miss call I opened the messages/calls tapping on the dual-icons on the top left corner. That's all fine until I keep hearing the (bling-bling) notification tone every minute or so.

How is this possible even after I have checked my notifications? The only way i managed to stop the tone was by uninstalling callnotify Initially it refused to uninstall saying stopwatch was using callnotify so I had to uninstall stopwatch. But i love this nifty app and would love to continue using it. The version I was using was callnotify 0.1.0-1.

Plz help.

Originally Posted by mobilemania250 View Post
Hi Omer

Im new to linux and I am thoroughly enjoying the features of maemo with the n900. I installed callnotify successfully and managed to run it with no hitch. Then today I came across this issue. I did not see any status notifications anymore. Even after reboot the problem remained. Also after I receive an sms or miss call I opened the messages/calls tapping on the dual-icons on the top left corner. That's all fine until I keep hearing the (bling-bling) notification tone every minute or so.

How is this possible even after I have checked my notifications? The only way i managed to stop the tone was by uninstalling callnotify Initially it refused to uninstall saying stopwatch was using callnotify so I had to uninstall stopwatch. But i love this nifty app and would love to continue using it. The version I was using was callnotify 0.1.0-1.

Plz help.
+1
and i clicked the CallNotify* button but menu did not appear I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times (and formatted) but the results did not change

(vers. PR 1.2 b)

* = Settings -> Extras -> CallNotify

Hi Omer,

Thank you for a much needed app for the N900.

I found an odd behavior related to Voicemail. If I miss a call and it is not followed by a Voicemail, callnotify works great. If the caller leaves a Voicemail, only the blue led flashes. Call notify no longer give sound or vibration alerts.

More specifically, if I call the phone and don't answer, the visual indication appears in the status area switching between the phone icon and the number 1. As soon as the voice mail notification arrives, the status indication goes away. It is as if the Voicemail somehow cancels the call notify.

My carrier is T-Mobile US. From what I have been able to read, they send an SMS to indicate the Voicemail.

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
@mobilemania250 and @ucahmetuc, you describe different scenarios.

mobilemania, it's a rear scenario that you get "stuck" with a notification. It was common with earlier version of CallNotify but current version (the one you're using, 0.1.0-1) should usually remove any notification after the missed call/SMS has been viewed.

In case you still get a "stuck" notification, you don't need to remove the entire application. You can eather reset or use x-term with "killall -9 hildon-status-menu" command, as root.

ucahmetuc - I didn't check CallNotify with the leaked PR1.2 for the simple reason I don't want to install it but wait for the official one. The issue you describe sounds like a permission issue, I would suggest checking the troubleshooting thread and follow the instruction there. If that won't help, I can only suggest to wait until the official release and then I'll test it with that release and make the necessary adjustments if any are required.

@Novurania - this is a case I couldn't test as I don't have a voicemail. Perhaps it has something to do with a d-bus signal sent by the device when the voice-mail takes the call, but I'm not sure why this would happen at all (as the device should not know about this, voice mail is a network service).

Can anyone else confirm the voice mail issue?

The Following User Says Thank You to omeriko9 For This Useful Post:
Hi Omer,

Thank you for the quick reply.
Is there any data I can collect that might help identify the cause.

Some information I can give you is that when the sms comes in, the N900 somehow identifies this as a special voicemail sms. No sms message shows in conversations. Instead, another entry appears in the phone app instead of the usual up or down arrow, there is a yellow tape icon labeled voicemail. Once you call to get messages, the icon changes to a blue up arrow. Unlike other calls, there is only ever one voicemail entry.

waiting for it supports PR1.2 Leak , i tried with leak PR1.2 , everthing installed correct, the app is under setting but could not load when click on it. check the permission and set everything to 777. any ideas why it couldnt open.

Hi Omer

Well this is quite surprising. I ran the "killall -9 hildon-status-menu" command from X-terminal and reinstalled callnotify. Now I can see the notification in the status menu. The repeating sound notification has also stopped after i view and close the yellow box.

Thanks for you help omer and I am quite happy that the app is functioning well.

The Following User Says Thank You to mobilemania250 For This Useful Post: