Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 163 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Alabama
Sorry guys for the lack of updates. I don't have an N900 anymore as it was becoming impossible to use as a phone, so I had to part with it. I would have loved to keep it as a tinker box, but its a little too expensive for that for me.

Has anyone been able to boot the android 2.1 kernel and filesystem I posted for the N900?

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

sorry to hear that, bdogg....I feel your pain....hope you can get another one soon....

Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
sorry to here that bdogg, will be a sad loss to the team

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 138 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ St. Louis, MO, USA
Originally Posted by bdogg64 View Post
Sorry guys for the lack of updates. I don't have an N900 anymore as it was becoming impossible to use as a phone, so I had to part with it. I would have loved to keep it as a tinker box, but its a little too expensive for that for me.

Has anyone been able to boot the android 2.1 kernel and filesystem I posted for the N900?
bdogg, you'll be missed.

Actually, yeah, I tried to boot it, but nothing ever happened when I selected the bootmenu option. Eventually it would just boot into the regular maemo installation.

I did try to, but without the modules ( you didnt posted them i think ) i just get the nokia logo at startup and it hang there. I tried in R&D mode and non-R&D mode and it's the same problem. If i reflash the stock kernel i get the bootmenu prompt back. I'll compile a kernel today and see what happen.

Some reports : the phone now successfully boot with the compiled (patched) kernel and modules, and i did replace the new tsc2005.ko with the backed up one, but touchscreen isnt working under maemo. I can't pass the pincode screen :x

For android, i do have a little "tsc2005.ko: module symbol disagree" or something like this, then i see the android logo then it poweroff itself. Is the vfat partiton really needed ? i try to boot android from mmcblk1p2 (ext3) and mmcblk1p1 is used for maemo (ext3).

Edit : w00t, it did boot android, i had to be in R&D mode to do so. Wifi isnt working tought, i get an "disagree about version symbol" too on it.

Last edited by Cpasjuste; 2010-03-15 at 12:00.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cpasjuste For This Useful Post:
great job! Cpajuste...keep it up....:O

Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
Ok update: got kernel etc to boot on my n800 but have no display yet... related to framebufferso fixing that later. . Android itself boots as can hapily use adb

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dj_steve For This Useful Post:
If someone could offer/support an n900 to bdogg64 that would really help

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Originally Posted by Cpasjuste View Post
If someone could offer/support an n900 to bdogg64 that would really help
Didn't he have one that he sold?

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Closed Thread