Notices

Poll: Does the "generate" button cause the app to crash?
Poll Options
Does the "generate" button cause the app to crash?

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
The HTTP method doesn't work, the VLC method does work.

I rather have the HTTP method, since it (should) works without any additional file transfer etc..
Hmm, how do you use the VLC method with MS Windows? Phonestreamer says to generate a file and then send it to a Linux PC, on which you have a username and password. Thanks.

@chill -
After you generate the SDP file, it tells you that in the console that it was generated to /home/user/MyDocs/. You can then transfer it to Windows via bluetooth or USB.

Once generated for that machine it does not need to be generated again in the same session. You can then change video options such as front,back, size etc without needing to regenerate.
Audio however would need to generate a new (different) sdp.

But once you generate both sdp's (video+audio) and send them over, it's cake; even if your computer IP address changes the next time you use the app, the files will still be on your comp and all you have to do is change the address within the app to your computer's new one. This however won't work if your phone's IP has changed too (sdp files on comp desktop now looking in wrong direction) so you'd need to regenerate new/modify existing SDP files.

tl;dr - ignore the 'send to Linux PC' button if you use Windows.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tetris11_ For This Useful Post:
Edit: message removed, I had not updated to 0.9.3 correctly, sorry.

Last edited by chill; 2011-07-31 at 11:27.

Posts: 676 | Thanked: 1,067 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Kyiv, Ukraine
Hi, I'm using the 0.9.3 version and it doesn't stream as a 'Webcam'.
I've selected 'Webcam', entered IP and port, generated a file and sent it to the PC. But it still says "Please generate and send a new file, then stream".
Does it need the PC part be first to start?

Sorry I've been out the country and havent touched this app in 2 months. I checked it out and Webcam seems to work on my PC...

Once it's been generated and sent - did you get the "File Sent! Check Your Desktop" dialog? Did you change the IP address or Port text fields after generating? Do you have v4l2loopback driver installed?

The Following User Says Thank You to tetris11_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 676 | Thanked: 1,067 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Kyiv, Ukraine
Originally Posted by tetris11_ View Post
Once it's been generated and sent - did you get the "File Sent! Check Your Desktop" dialog? Did you change the IP address or Port text fields after generating? Do you have v4l2loopback driver installed?
No, I didn't use the built-in method to send it, didn't want to input my password
No, the IP is correct and pings are being replied, port is the same.
Yes, I have v4l2loopback but I'm not sure that it is working. I've installed v4l2loopback-source, the only package available in the Ubuntu 11.04 repository and compiled it. It is version 0.3.1-1. It compiled successfully and modprobe worked:
Code:
# modprobe v4l2loopback

# gst-launch-0.10 tcpclientsrc host=192.168.0.102  port=9876 ! jpegdec ! ffmpegcolorspace ! v4l2loopback device=/dev/video0
ПОПЕРЕДЖЕННЯ: помилковий канал: немає елементу "v4l2loopback"
AFAIU, the last message in English is the
WARNING: erroneous pipeline: no element "v4l2loopback"
However, the problem is that phonestream doesn't start streaming. The phonestream version is 0.9.3.
Or does it need the PC part? But when I use other pipelines the gst-launch just exits without the data. How can I make it wait for a while?

Webcam only works for Linux btw.

Also the app only agrees to start streaming when it recieves the "File Sent!" dialog. The only exception to this is the VLC method (because that's a Windows option too).

So you're going to need to send it the inbuilt way (it does NOT save your password anywhere but in a random setting file as a hash - it's SAFE!) I didnt realise people were so reluctant to send the file over this way - I built this method for convenience, not because I'm evil.

In the next release I'll have to include a force-streaming option.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tetris11_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 34 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Moscow, Russia
Can anybody use ps-spycam on windows with Xming?

I think someone told me that it worked on Putty with with X11 forwarding through Xming, so yeah I think so.

Let me know and I'll update the frontpage

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Moscow, Russia
I'm trying this but no results. I think problem with Xming...
Can anybody help me?

Tags
gstreamer, lets rock, video stream