Active Topics

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by dieg View Post
I understand that the online shops are outsourced so this is not a direct responsability of Nokia.
It's Nokia's responsibility to choose their partners, especially if those partners operate under the Nokia brand. - As a customer, I don't care what's outsourced and what's not as long as I see the Nokia logo.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 52 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ León, Spain
I understand you benny1967, but I can't be more dissapointed with the Nokia Spain Shop and all this process. I would punish them by not buying the phone... but I really WANT the phone, and the cashback procedure takes the same time (THREE f******* WEEKS).

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bucharest, Romania
Very curious to find out if there's going to be any more defective units on the new batches of N900 that are delivered as we speak (in UK for example or other countries).

Originally Posted by Jidi View Post
Very curious to find out if there's going to be any more defective units on the new batches of N900 that are delivered as we speak (in UK for example or other countries).
OK, form the ATM german speaking thread http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...4&goto=newpost some users allready got their device in Germany, as of now no complaints about any defects.

Regards,
Glasswalker

The Following User Says Thank You to Glasswalker For This Useful Post:
I was one of the unfortunates that received a N900 with a broken mic. I received my device last Wednesday from Dell and shipped it to Nokia for repair on Friday. Nokia received it the following Tuesday and shipped me a replacement on Wednesday. I may have a new one by Saturday.

I wish the original one was defect free, but I am very happy with the turn around time on a replacement through the repair facility.

You ship the phone in for repair without the battery, stylus or any accessories. I may get lucky and get a retail box as a replacement. That will mean an extra battery, stylus, charger, headset, etc.

I will let you know if I get that lucky.

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bucharest, Romania
Originally Posted by Glasswalker View Post
OK, form the ATM german speaking thread http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...4&goto=newpost some users allready got their device in Germany, as of now no complaints about any defects.

Regards,
Glasswalker
Thanks for the info, even tho I have a german name, I do not understand german I really hope they fixed the possible cause of this defect and the next batches are bug free. I will get my device most likely tomorrow when it is released officially in Romania and all the importers already have them on stock as far as I understood. I am looking forward to get my copy of the N900 bugfree.
I am quite sure that the last delay between the first dispatch of the phones and this week was exactly for that, to remove the series of possible faulty phones.

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Iowa, USA
It seems as though Nokia doesn't cross-ship replacements, this sucks. I should have just asked for a refund and ordered another.

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
For some reason, my device's microphone has stopped working. It has never been dropped, and is treated like the loaner it is. I've tried using Maemo Recorder to test if it was the Phone app, but it doesn't work. Has anyone else experienced this issue? I remember somewhere someone said their mic wasn't functioning. Was a reason ever discovered? This really sux for me...

ops, late, meh :/

http://bit.ly/maemo_search
> "n900 mic"

dunno if anything was solved though

Tags
audio, broken, dead, doa, fail, failure, lack of quality control, mic, microphone, n900, n900 recall, no audio