Posts: 388 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London, UK
Meh, I'd love to get out of my vodafone contract.. hoping that this means I can!

No text over here either!

You see even if they dont send you a text, you can get out of the contract, only if you can show that your bills will rise by 10%.

Quite frankly, I think this is UNFAIR, as what if I go over in the future? I will be charged. NO THANKS. I will dispute this!

Originally Posted by Snaps View Post
You see even if they dont send you a text, you can get out of the contract, only if you can show that your bills will rise by 10%.

Quite frankly, I think this is UNFAIR, as what if I go over in the future? I will be charged. NO THANKS. I will dispute this!
the 10% clause is only active when there is a change to Terms and Conditions of Contract.
VF eforum states there may not be a change to T&C's, and instead re-inforcement of excessive usage charges.

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London, UK
Meh, this is just stupid!

I don't get why they just disallow any modifications to current in-contract clients - and then just have future revisions for future clients if they decide to change anything. I shouldn't have to prove anything, the fact they've changed my terms should be enough ground to cancel!

Still no text...

same here..

no text here either...

@dbs11 this is a change in t&c however they try to word it.

No where in my contract does it tell me what the standard rate for going over 500MB is, this means they can't introduce one and think they can get away with 'this isn't a change'

If they charge me for going over 500mb, then its a hard limit and not a FUP and therefore a change in T&C.

I have sent my cancellation letter in today just so I know they have got it before the start of the change (1st June)... see what happens then.

Yep...nothing here. Up to 1.9GB on unbilled usage so far this month...

Originally Posted by dbs11 View Post
the 10% clause is only active when there is a change to Terms and Conditions of Contract.
VF eforum states there may not be a change to T&C's, and instead re-inforcement of excessive usage charges.
This is still up for debate. How are they planning on enforcing users that go over the 500 limit. Are they going to ( i have not got them to hand but i beleive it reads something along the lines off)

- first get in contact if you go over
- then talk to you about limiting you data
- then throttle you connection
- then charge you (this is the important one)

Now in order for them to charge you they need a plan in place to charge. As you have all read they are charging £5 for every 500meg. However i cannot find anywhere any plan in place for charging on my current terms and condiditions. it simply states they reserve the right to charge
So they are going to have to amend the T&C to reflect the new charges.

They may deem this as a small change and therefore only need to give you 14 days. which they haven't
A change is a change, if this effects you using the 10% bye bye vodafone

This is how i see it anyway and this is what i believe Sjaman was talking about below

Originally Posted by sajman View Post

You: I have one forum post, from Tom a vodafone moderator on eforums with the new charges. But not the current ones.
Anupama: However, once you reach your limit of 500MB, you'll receive an alert informing that you've reached your limit and if you use further then you'll be charged or you can choose to stop using your internet to avoid charges
You: Can you point me to where that is written within my terms and conditions or the email confirmation of my contract? Or even a webpage?
You: As i wasnt made aware of these charges when i took out my contract with vodafone
Anupama: Please give me a moment while I check that for you

GOOD TEN MINUTE WAIT HERE UNTILL SHE REPLIED

You: Thank you
You: I would happily forward you the email i received when i signed up for my contract, it contains terms and conditions and the information i provided above.
You: Your Price Plan: Your Plan comes with 1200 minutes and Unlimited Texts Your monthly line rental: £40.00 Your Extras: Mobile Inernet (Free), Unlimited landline calls (Free)
Anupama: I confirm that you're on the same price plan..
Anupama: I would suggest that you get back to us once the change has been applied so that we can see if the change has affected to you..

With VF, sign this petition against the changes http://www.petitiononline.com/VFDATA/petition.html

Tags
vodafone con