Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Kuala Lumpur
can someone help me..i already installed successfully nitroid 2.3.4 but only encounter some issue with network..no service..please..im runing kernel nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-07_6-rc6_armel..thanks in advance..btw im install on my emmc..

Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
Thread will die so early?
Hmmmm...
I wasn't planning to release it now though, think of it as an appetizer, for the big main dish...

NITDroid N12 Umay eMMC autoinstaller, an interactive script which allows you to install NITDroid N12 successfully on your eMMC with a tap!

To run:
Code:
root
sh /home/user/MyDocs/NITDroid_installer.sh.txt
Note: you should have Kernel-Power installed, I will release another Kernel-Power-non-dependent version tomorrow.

I hope everybody now enjoys NITDroid
Does this use new kernel aka rc6?.. and is the problem of bootloader brick solved.. because i tried installing N12 five times it got bricked all the times.. after successful install, running it once (both emmc and sd card) and restarting bricks the phone... (p.s. luckly i managed to create a backupmenu full backup and recovered everything back to normal...)

Does this installer install to emmc or sd card ? And does it have the ability to completely brick the phone or can i just reflash it if something goes wrong ? And if i understood this right, the only thing i need is v48 power kernel + this script, nothing else right ? Everything else should be automatic or what ?

Posts: 200 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ São Paulo - Brasil
Originally Posted by mistman View Post
ok after using the auto installer when phone is rebooted i only have kernel-power option in multiboot no nitdroid option.
Same thing here, the msg error I got was, something like "can't make dir.../ 'and'/ file exist" but even with this error msg, it says that the installation was succesful, but then, no nitdroid option, just maemo..

bummer...

Originally Posted by mistman View Post
ok after using the auto installer when phone is rebooted i only have kernel-power option in multiboot no nitdroid option.
Ok now have remove mmc card and now if i let it time out it boots nitdroid but if i try boot power kernel i just get kernel panic error, to boot maemo i have to reflash maemo kernel but if i reboot and try boot again just kernel panics again .

hi ammty i was useing nitdroid fine install the old way right but tryed the new way u posted up get nitdriod running but it wont let me boot maemo
useing kp 48 which was ok on old install of nitdriod but the new one it wont have it

Anyway of installing nitdorid to Micro SD ?

Im sick of reflashing my Emmc from kernel panics after trying to install it to Emmc.

I don't know what im doing wrong. I have the latest PR1.3 installed, a clean wipe of everything so NO traces of any old Nitdroid installed and i still get a bootloop when i try installing to Emmc

hi maz it looks like there taken of the nitdriod installer maybe you can try it root apt-get install nitdriod_installer when i try that it says cant find it to down load it and the sh /home/user/MyDocs/NITDriod_installer.sh.txt works but cant boot back to maemo so dont no when there will be a fix for this prob

Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
Didn't anyone try it yet?
I still have gotten a few minutes before I go to sleep, maybe I can fix something reported here or there...

Originally Posted by Storm_11 View Post
I just tried the new autoinstaller, had no luck. After the "downloading large file" window, it doesnt appear to download anything, is only on this screen for a second, then suddenly says complete. Multiboot wasnt installed either.
Same problem as above as well with the auto installer. Any possible Fix ?

Installed the Kernel-Power from here : http://maemo.org/downloads/product/M...ower-settings/

I see the auto installer in the first phase download the multiboot etc etc but it seems to fail to install them, and then on the second step the screen flashes straight away and i get the msg to reboot, obviously the image did not even download

Other than Kernal-Power must we have any other pre requisite ammyt ? Thanks for your work !

Originally Posted by fraad View Post
hi maz it looks like there taken of the nitdriod installer maybe you can try it root apt-get install nitdriod_installer when i try that it says cant find it to down load it and the sh /home/user/MyDocs/NITDriod_installer.sh.txt works but cant boot back to maemo so dont no when there will be a fix for this prob
Am beginning to believe one of 2 things

1. My phone hates me
2. OR my phone just really doesn't like nitdroid

Everything i try, even auto installer, doesn't work.

Last edited by maz7006; 2011-09-12 at 06:19.

right maz go to page 288 look for post from ammty right there a txt file there download it ok make sure when it say save to divice you save it in n900 ok then root sh /home/user/MyDocs/NITDriod_installer.sh.txt ok then enter on keypad on n900 then just do same at each time it ask you pras any key ok it will install ok then still in root put reboot keybord open you will see it o u must have kernel power setting u can get that from repos ok install that frist okBUT ONCE yOU HAVE NITDROID INSTALLED YOU WONT BOOT BACK maemo

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid