Active Topics

Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Before anybody starts asking about that picture it's render made by one Nokia blog right after the MeeGo announcement.
haha, i created that render.

here is the updated version:

joys of blender, it's how i roll.

Last edited by Jedibeeftrix; 2011-05-26 at 15:30.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jedibeeftrix For This Useful Post:
Ze,

just came to realize that the competition doesn't add up anymore
to put it bluntly
"the winner(s) of the developing competition will receive a developer device"
that doesn't make any sense, does it?
the development job is already done by then

what would make sense is to give the winners the same device as will be sold & let them do grassroots advertisement (uploading videos, posting on forums, blogging & all)

Originally Posted by misterc View Post
Ze,

to put it bluntly

what would make sense is to give the winners the same device as will be sold & let them do grassroots advertisement (uploading videos, posting on forums, blogging & all)

Nokia does not need to go that far if it is a device that all consumers would want to accept

for eg there are people who fear what if they like the n9 device and it ends up being cancelled

would nokia break their hearts ?

Ze,

to put it bluntly

presumably nokia would like developers to keep developing for the harmattan/QT platform............>?

Think this site shows meego home screen!!!
http://lovemynokia.com/video-nokia-n...mo-6-or-meego/

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
Originally Posted by bhairav View Post
Think this site shows meego home screen!!!
http://lovemynokia.com/video-nokia-n...mo-6-or-meego/
That picture was taken from a presenation. And at the time it was stated that it was no indicative of any user interface designs by Nokia. It was simply "stock" to make a point about interfaces.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ARJWright For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
Originally Posted by Jedibeeftrix View Post
presumably nokia would like developers to keep developing for the harmattan/QT platform............>?
Yeah I dunno. It's like you need a MeeGo developer device to enter the contest, your "winning" app probably won't work on harmattan without more changes, so if they give the harmattan device away, maybe the developer will fix it. Problem is, whoever they gave all the MeeGo developer devices to doesn't seem to be entering the contest...

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
had no idea what your 1st sentence was referring to
maybe others do his phone calls for him, so he hasn't a clue about that neither
The "you're holding it wrong" (paraphrase) came directly from Steve Jobs before the official announcement about the iPhone 4's antenna issues.

Here's the reference...

Originally Posted by vivmak View Post
Nokia has abandoned Maemo and it does not believe that MeeGo is ready yet and Nokia Mango device has been announced (for developers only so far) .... this tells me that we should stop expecting anything open source from Nokia for end-users anytime sooner...... its been nice following this thread, see ya later.
Nokia goes Maemo
and Sony goes Mylo
then Intel goes MeeGo
Microsoft goes Mango
so Apple will go iMagino

...and the Apple iMagino will invent realtime multitasking and you'll need the new, magic iTunes version to sync the phone, so you'll have to buy the new service pack to OS/X for that.

Last edited by volt; 2011-05-26 at 17:22.

Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
Not sure if you've used WP7 phone yet or not, but I have and the UI and the experience it gives to the everyday joe's is much better than Maemo5/Symbian^3 imo. That's quite a feat for something so new in terms of UI. It is silky smooth and is very pretty. What many non-geeks really like. Heck, even I was impressed how "nice" everything looked and felt.
Well to be fair you are comparing a 2 year old OS with a 6 month OS( Comparing Maemo 5 to WP7, Symbian we all know sat in stasis for FAR too long ) Really one could say the same thing just in the same OS as My brothers Nexus S running Gingerbread has a far better UI and general Experience that far outshines his old G1 running either Cupcake or Donut.

As for WP7 I have played with 3 devices and found them all rather frustrating, counter intuitive, and lacking polish... Granted they may have all been the same device, I don't remember and my friends that had them are not phone people so they don't remember the manufacturer or model number. 2 of them got rid of theirs after less then a month out of frustration and grabbed Android Phones.

I will say this about WP7, yes the interface is smooth and has eyecandy, but I can't help but say it is all form and presentation and no function.

The Following User Says Thank You to nocain For This Useful Post:

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland