Poll: Delet the values from the speedpatch?
Poll Options
Delet the values from the speedpatch?

any way to improve continuous time usage ?

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Malaysia
thank you so much..

Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
..i believe i messed up something with the removal of old files..now i canot upgrade anything from xterm as it gives me a PATH error..can someone help?
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
dpkg: `ldconfig' not found on PATH.
dpkg: `start-stop-daemon' not found on PATH.
dpkg: `install-info' not found on PATH.
dpkg: `update-rc.d' not found on PATH.
dpkg: 4 expected program(s) not found on PATH.
NB: root's PATH should usually contain /usr/local/sbin, /usr/sbin and /sbin.
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (2)

Last edited by ed_boner; 2012-01-30 at 20:59.

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by karam View Post
finally
something useful
You will note, in most of the past posts I pointed out each of these issues. In most I even showed clips of your code, showing where it was faulty.

Anyway, since we're making some progress here...

* injection cannot work with echo because these $$ cannot be shown
so injecting should be something like this :
You can escape the echo commands in-line just like you did with cat, though in this case, your cat solution is probably more readable and just as effective. (Pun: There were several ways to skin this cat! )

BatteryPatch :
* can be done

* will recheck this one
IMHO, these two are the most important of the changes, followed by the speedpatch change above. Informing people in the package description of overclocking, and making sure it's not overclocking for call duration are the key items. Even if it's not doing it on your device, it is on mine. And according to the specs for this dbus object, it should do it on all devices. It may be we have different base variants of Nokia's software (I run PR#.#_002 variant, you probably run PR#.#_000 which is "world" variant). Not that Nokia has ever failed to properly document variant changes per region...

The specs for GetStatus indicate 1-5 to be various stages of incoming call UI setup (1 being initial GSM signaling to 5 being user interface is waiting for press). States 6&7 are handshake states to setup a call, 8 is "in call", and 9+ deal with all other call states (call on hold, call waiting, ending call, call forwarding, etc). So if all you're interested in is UI speed to get the incoming call UI displayed to the user, you really only care about <=4. Boosting though states <8 would seem reasonable for responsiveness, since max boost time would then be your ring time, which most carriers limit to 30-40 seconds.

* how about making default profile contains 700 and 750
with only KP49 and < has 720 in ?
Essentially, yes. Using the non-SR1 enabled profile as the default, and only enabling the SR1 profile for >= K50 should be how it's done. Even K49 isn't guaranteed to be stable with SR1 enabled, since those patches were in post-K49 release tests now being rolled into K50. (K50 is releasing very soon btw.)

* currently it returns to the default one, any suggestion how to make it remember the user's one ?
The simplest method would be to use kernel-config to save the current setting into a file and reload that as default on removal. It should be default unless the user played with it. Saving the current config guarantees it's what the user had it set to before installing. As discussed before, you would want to pre-detect if the file exists in postinst and only save the profile if it doesn't already exist. That prevents overwriting the users original settings with those in batterypatch in cases where the package is reconfigured (either by the user or by an app/tool/script).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
...help..someone?
...just checked through filebox..i dont have an /usr/local!!!

Last edited by ed_boner; 2012-01-30 at 21:31.

Posts: 237 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mittelfranken, Germany
I'm not much into this, just some theoretical thoughts:

I think there might be a hard way needed to undo speedpatch without destroying any other changes with custom .profile and .bashrc

woody14619 explained how it should be done in the first place, but for the already installed patches this won't be of help right?

It would need to extract any lines added by your patches and checking afterwards if there is anything left to be kept in place.

i dont get it, sorry...restored all via backupmenu..everithing is fine, run updates, all cool..try to uninstall batterypatch and get same error afterwords in xterm..cant even see or change my kernel-config..someone can help?

hi, guys...i see here is really great discussion...and i just ask two questions
hey, woody, can you make ur own scripts Instead of hard to point to flaws in someone else's work? or u're master of discussions only (no offense)? i see a lot of posts, which are huge versus a "small" script )))

thanks 2 all, and i'm sorry for my "broken" english))

damn it hypno..here we go again..not contributing or helping, just arguing...
so...to get rid of battery patch...purge batterypatch and then full removal script...and after:
sudo gainroot
rm .profile
rm .bachrc
rm .cache/launch/com.nokia.xterm.pvr
is that it?

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by ed_boner View Post
damn it hypno..here we go again..not contributing or helping, just arguing...
so...to get rid of battery patch...purge batterypatch and then full removal script...and after:
sudo gainroot
rm .profile
rm .bachrc
rm .cache/launch/com.nokia.xterm.pvr
is that it?
And if you have them, check the content of .profile.speedpatch and .bashrc.speedpatch. If either have content about speedpatch (anything touching a file in cgroup), delete those too. If they don't contain that, try this:
Code:
mv .profile.speedpatch .profile
mv .bashrc.speedpatch .bashrc

The Following User Says Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:

Tags
autobrick, awesome-script, do no install, f***epitaph, install it now, perfect_ n900, script-a-brick, very safe