Active Topics

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
3rd party devs? I heard a few are interested:

Nokia N950 Developer Kit programme is closed at this time Thank you for your interest in publishing apps for the Nokia N9 smartphone. We have received a tremendous response to our offer for the Nokia N950 developer kit, and can no longer accept any new requests.

We are reviewing all of the requests for these developer kits now, and we will begin shipping them out to qualified developers (i.e., Launchpad members with published apps in Ovi Store) during the month of July. If you are selected to receive a developer kit, you will receive an e-mail alerting you when the Nokia N950 is being shipped.

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Any idea if N9 supports for themes and wallpapers (not just in lock screen) ?

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Kozzi View Post
Any idea if N9 supports for themes and wallpapers (not just in lock screen) ?
This is ironic, given the criticism I keep getting for trying to stir conversation. Nobody has a helpful answer for this genuinely innocuous question?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 604 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA
Originally Posted by Haider View Post
I think it won't be a good idea to buy a N9 as it would be a dead platform. On the bright side I am very thankful to all the Dev's who didn't let our maemo die and kept making applications so we can compete with Iphone's and Andoid and I hope there is a community for N9 to take good care of our device.
dont mean to be disrespectful, but who the **** cares it its a "dead" platform!?!?!? as long as it sells a decent amount we will probably have some apps... whoop de doo. as if "dead" platform means the user dies a little bit inside. seriously, i dont get all nebulous "dead platform" worry.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SAABoy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 434 | Thanked: 990 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
Read HERE

Originally Posted by bergie View Post
Maemo Downloads still serves about 200k downloads per day, so even N900 must've sold in some reasonable amounts.
... you are talking about a phone where the usual solution to a problem is to "reflash" the phone ...

and how many downloads do you do each time you reflash ?

and you are also talking about a phone where users install bootloaders, additional OSes and tinker with...

.... reflashes galore !

So the 200k figure is highly inflated.

The Following User Says Thank You to Frappacino For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by onethreealpha View Post
Read HERE
So this is finally step 5 of 5 now? ...or is this another promise to be broken?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
read for chris sake instead or ur usuall annoying fail trolling.

either way wont be long 9 cssu appears after support its dropped.
and we get tons of s40 qtquick apps / symbian to play with.

we even have angry birds that blackberry dont have, and WP7 barely got. (and its slower than n900 version)

Posts: 434 | Thanked: 990 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Dunno mate. If anything, it shows that there's people at Nokia who are willing to state that Harmattan is certainly not DOA

Originally Posted by jo21 View Post
read for chris sake instead or ur usuall annoying fail trolling.

either way wont be long 9 cssu appears after support its dropped.
and we get tons of s40 qtquick apps / symbian to play with.

we even have angry birds that blackberry dont have, and WP7 barely got. (and its slower than n900 version)
Who is Chris?

Tags
nokiabrandfail