Active Topics

Vodafone did offer to upgrade your data allowance to 1GB per month for no extra cost, but this was strictly capped. I decided to take them up on this because I came pretty close to going over a few times while I was on 500MB.
I am now using an average of around 600-700MB per month.

I'm surprised T-Mobile haven't come up with something similar to cover their backsides.

Originally Posted by kevinp93 View Post
Does this change affect everyone or just certain people? I'm just wondering because I ordered my N900 via Nokia Retail. Also, say we cancel the contract, we still get to keep the N900's & the telephone numbers right?
Doesn't matter where you got the handset from. If it's got a T-Mobile sim in it the restrictions will hit you.

What I would like to see is independent ISPs get on the mobile bandwagon and start offering mobile web services rather than just fixed line, and OFCOM tells the mobile networks to "unbundle" their services.
So if you're on Vodafone, T-Mobile etc you can refuse their web service and shop around for the best deal. Very much like you can with your fixed line service.

Posts: 431 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
So.. guys what is the option really? Vodafone, Orange now T-mobile.

How things looking for O2?

Hope T-Mobile US doesn't follow suite. My father got throttled toward the end of the month for going over 10 GBs. Tethering is free for us, so if we get bumped down to 500MB or 1GB, I'm getting out of my contract. Would rather pay like 20 or 25 USD on AT&T, as well as change phones, for 2GB. I currently pay 25 USD and that's too much for a gig or so.

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester UK
I joined 3 in December on the One plan, sim only deal as it had been anounced that they were removing the cap on the 1GB data allowance. True to their word, they sent me a letter the other day telling me to go ahead & use all the data I wanted.

Posts: 433 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ U.K
This is disgusting, their internet speeds have slowed down so much in the past year that this will be the final straw for me I have been a loyal customer for as long as I have been a pay monthly user and even payg before that.

bye bye T-mobile I'll miss your good service in an otherwise poor service industry.

I will upgrade till the end of my contract (£4 extra for 3gb isn't to bad) but still I paid extra in the first place to include unlimited internet in my plan.

Dam was having such a bad day as it was. lol

Posts: 451 | Thanked: 424 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ England
There is an update on which's website which states we may have grounds to terminate our contract if we can demonstrate it will affect us.

Last edited by jd4200; 2011-01-12 at 17:17.

Posts: 451 | Thanked: 424 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ England
Great news

T-Mobile have backed down, and the new FUP will not affect existing customers.

http://support.t-mobile.co.uk/help-a...t=DATA_CHANGES

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jd4200 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 433 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ U.K
YaY that is a better result than I was expecting... faith restored thanks t-mobile.
Too bad any new contract I might take out will have a 500mb limit.
or I'll have to pay for an internet upgrade.

Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Originally Posted by devu View Post
So.. guys what is the option really? Vodafone, Orange now T-mobile.

How things looking for O2?
Would you not want to move to 3?