Active Topics

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
People are running away from Nokia because Nokia has been busy doing nothing but create devices that nobody really desires. This is not Elop's fault, but the fault of the people that hired him. It's getting really old that people keep blaming Elop for Nokia's mistakes.

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
Again, I know that as soon as the iPhone came out Nokia executives were in panic. Big panic, as they had nothing in their portfolio. They came over here cowering in fear, 2007. They brought Elop for a simple reason: they knew that sales were falling across board as Androids and iPhones expanded. The board knew it before anyone as they have data that is not available to regular folks.
What data? Be specific. Sales were falling and rising simultaneously? How does that work?

If NOKIA really foresaw a problem with Symbian why didn't they focus more of their efforts on Maemo?

Stop blaming Elop for troubles that began way before his time. Symbian was out of the game.....it was just a matter of time before it disappeared. And that is all to it. Symbian was good when competition sucked, and it couldn't evolve when androids and iPhones came out.
Sure NOKIA made mistakes in the past (Personally I would have liked to see Hildon on Symbian way back when) but the problems NOKIA had before Elop prostituted them to M$ were solvable, in fact the path they had chosen with Symbian/MeeGo/Qt was a good one, they just needed to step up the pace.

Symbian is dead. Accept it. The world accepted it and moved on, you should do it too.
I do accept Symbian is dead, however it didn't die a natural death. NOKIA's problem is most of the Symbian world will probably move on to Android because it's the only OS that currently gives them the level of functionality they're used to.

NOKIA did not have to put all their eggs in one basket. That's especially stupid when you've already seen the one basket you've chosen to put all your eggs in is full of holes.

Samsung must absolutely love Elop.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Lumiaman, are you Elops "***-licker"?

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Veitshöchheim, Germany
I dont like Symbian and i dont like Windows Phone. Whatever it is, its the fault of the CEO. Someone said here that he is there since 2007? Well thats 5 years and what we have now is worse than before. (Except N900/N9 but they dont have support)

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by tebsu View Post
I dont like Symbian and i dont like Windows Phone. Whatever it is, its the fault of the CEO. Someone said here that he is there since 2007? Well thats 5 years and what we have now is worse than before. (Except N900/N9 but they dont have support)
and you are from Finland? He joined Nokia in 2010...when Symbian easy on the ropes getting knocked out in each round

Tags
idiotman, lumiaidiot