Notices

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 138 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ St. Louis, MO, USA
Originally Posted by torrancew View Post
Hi all,

Dropbox just opened an API yesterday, so I've snagged a developer account, and am beginning work on a python-based Dropbox client for Maemo. There's a garage placeholder at maebox.garage.maemo.org, but it's currently empty. I do work a 9-5, but will be putting time into this over the future. Look for progress, and of course, I'm open to suggestions!.

--torrancew
I can probably donate some time as well. Let me know where you might need help on this.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Signing up for Diablo testing if/when you need it
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Posts: 282 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austin, TX, USA
Is this going to be a "sync this folder" app, or a "access your files when you want them" app? I use dropbox (and think it is awesome) but I don't necessarily want to have full-time, online syncing of 2GB with my phone. But I would like a nice interface (other than the website) to be able to pull down the latest version of files that I keep on dropbox and use on my phone.

In any case, kudos to you for taking this on. Looking forward to seeing what you spit out.

Originally Posted by rmerren View Post
Is this going to be a "sync this folder" app, or a "access your files when you want them" app? I use dropbox (and think it is awesome) but I don't necessarily want to have full-time, online syncing of 2GB with my phone. But I would like a nice interface (other than the website) to be able to pull down the latest version of files that I keep on dropbox and use on my phone.

In any case, kudos to you for taking this on. Looking forward to seeing what you spit out.
I would want either option... we can then tie it into shepherd to enable sync on wifi and on-demand only otherwise.

You could also use version control systems like subversion (svn) or git for syncing, well they're vastly superior to syncing software anyways, but you'd need a script to automate them.

Originally Posted by nyarlathotep View Post
You could also use version control systems like subversion (svn) or git for syncing, well they're vastly superior to syncing software anyways, but you'd need a script to automate them.
Ironically, i keep a couple personal git projects on my dropbox.

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Vienna / Austria
Here I have a posted a link where someone who already has a dropbox account can vote so a feature request is generated for Dropbox development.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=42457&page=3

Please help voting so we can perhaps get a Maemo app for Dropbox.

Sorry, I got pulled away for a few months with some personal matters, but am coming back to this project, and very much looking forward to the results. There is a garage project for it, I welcome any comments there.

Posts: 398 | Thanked: 301 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Texas
Check out DropN900. You might want to contribute there.

Frank

Posts: 219 | Thanked: 94 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Yep, the developer was asking whether anybody wants to help with coding.