Notices

=O
I forgot
The lock screen is awesome =P
Thanks

One thing , when I in the browser and I unlock through this app it jumps to the homscreen instead of the browser

sorry for my english C=

Thank you..great work!!!

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Can you style the button so that it's a black, 50% 70% transparent box with text that says "Unlock" or better yet, a customizable text string in gconf.

Here's my idea! The pause button turns into a play button when the song is paused, and vice versa.
The wallpaper should probably be configurable too
EDIT: The buttons turn blue when you press them, similar to the default Media Player.

EDIT: And oh, double-tapping on the now playing unlocks and goes to the music player. The "Now Playing" bar doesn't appear when there's no music playing. Same goes for the bolded text on notifications, if you double tap the "unread messages" it goes to Conversations while if you double-tap the "missed calls" it goes to the call log.

EDIT2: Notifications!

MAG, if you're doing this, the notifications bar should probably have a fade in from up animation, similar to the yellow notification bar in Hildon-desktop. Same can be done for the "Unlock", "Date+Time" and "Now Playing" bars if you wake up the phone's screen while locked.

EDIT3: Let's put it all together!

If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to tell me.

EDIT4: As per the suggestion of merlin1991 on IRC

Should make it easier to use one-handed while using landscape.

EDIT5: At MAG's request, a lock slider. The text should probably fade out as the slide gets closer, a la iPhone.

Last edited by Hurrian; 2011-06-25 at 01:11.

@MohammadAG
Perhaps you add lockscreen setting in phone settings so it's more user friendly to change the lockscreen image?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Armstrong Dicksmasher For This Useful Post:
@Hurrian
The sliding/unlocking button should be placed in slighly higher position.IMHO N900's resistive screen isn't the most responsive at it's edge.

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ India
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
This is actually a work in progress, the UI isn't final but it's something I've always wanted

Open to suggestions (UI or features), I wanted a slider instead of a button to unlock the device, but the default Qt slider looks crappy at best.

Devs: The package actually contains some system backends (which I plan to add MeeGo/Harmattan support to later on, something like Qt Mobility, but for stuff like the mediaplayer/profiles etc).

Also, I need to add notifications support (missed calls/messages etc.)

It should be in -devel soon (20 minutes max), package name is enhanced-lockscreen.

Me and Venemo are planning a Nokia Bubbles rewrite, just thought I'd say that
Wow! Something which I've always wanted to see on the N900. Thanks a lot! You're the man!

Just a couple of suggestions:

1.Is it possible to make the clock font look blgger, bolder and prominent like the Android lockscreen?

2. Is it possible to hide the "Now Playing" notification when Media Player is closed and reappear only when Media Player is open? This would add a more polished look. Just my humble opinion.

3. Is it possible to change the default maemo look of the lockscreen and bring in a meegoish or android like theme or like the concept suggested my one of the members here using transparency?

4. It would be cooler if album art was displayed near the Now Playing Notification or even cooler if Album Art would replace half of the Background of the lockscreen while a track is playing.

Please dont feel that its a lot of questions and suggestions. Those were just a few suggestions and you can always ignore them if that isnt your strategy. I just asked as I know you can do anything with Maemo! You're the greatest!
Great start with the lockscreen and hoping to see more updates and beautifications. Will we be seeing this in the CSSU? Keep it going!
Thanks again!

Cheers!

Last edited by warhawk007; 2011-06-25 at 02:18.

Originally Posted by F2thaK View Post
this one is sick!
Thats what I was about to say. The slider looks quite ugly and out of place at the bottom and thats a long way to slide in landscape mode.
I rather prefer MAG's concept of tapping to unlock.

The 3rd EDIT or the 4th EDIT looks better in my opinion. And the clock could have looked bigger and more prominent like in Android for example. Its just a suggestion.

Last edited by warhawk007; 2011-06-25 at 02:28.

Originally Posted by F2thaK View Post
its a WIP..........
The best part being its MAG's project. So we can see great results when this project matures.

I'll never buy another Nokia or the N9 considering where Nokia stands today. But if Nokia would grant MAG an N950 free of cost courtesy of all the work he is doing to keep Maemo alive when they couldnt, I'll consider buying the N9 instead of maybe switching to android if (Hope not) my N900 dies of old age.

Thats what companies should do. Recognise developers. If I remember right Samsung just gifted a Cyanogen developer a free Galaxy S II recently. Hope Nokia notices all that in between their busy relationship with Microsoft.

Last edited by warhawk007; 2011-06-25 at 02:40.

The Following User Says Thank You to warhawk007 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Due to high demand from TMO people, here's the latest revisions of my mockup:

The large clock is really making it feel unbalanced though. Any suggestions?

Last edited by Hurrian; 2011-06-25 at 02:46.

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL

Big thanks to Hurrian for the concepts and help with icons

I know the top looks weird without padding, but it looks fine on the N900

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post: