Notices

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by WhiteWolf View Post
using the software: "File Tranfers"

jonny.lamb@collabora.co.uk

http://symbianbriefs.blogspot.com/20...fers-send.html
Excellent call!! Thanks for the post. Still in development repository though so needs some love and attention to test and progress this one!

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Venezuela
Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
Everyone else can on all phones? Not sure I have seen this on any of the phones I have had in the past thoguh 3rd party app might do it.
well yeah, that's what i meant, thru a 3rd party app, on my old symbian phones, with 'slick' you could even open the camera, take a photo and send it without ever leaving the app's UI

The Following User Says Thank You to rikisky For This Useful Post:
File Transfer doesn't work for me.

It keeps saying that there are no Contacts.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

greetz Donsaibot.

diddo!, any ideas, I am in the process of re-installing the app
"Eventually, the Internet will be Google, but while they keep churning out the goodies, the actual change-over in ownership will probably pass us by. There are none so blind as those that will not see...." - Sebastian Anthony

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Venezuela
i have the same problem as the others, maybe we're missing a step? hope they can fix this bug quick, this is indeed needed

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
Same problem here - looking up contacts forever.

Originally Posted by rikisky View Post
are there any news on this?. this is a feature that NEEDS to be implemented, not being able to send files over IM when everybody else can, makes our more powerful phone look weaker in front of this simple task, btw...is there a way to add more accounts to the share service? or is it only facebook,flickr and ovi possible?
So far i have face book, skype, ovi, yahoo, aol, and gmail. they all work pretty good except aol. right now aol, doesnt connect. been like that for a few weeks. but i also havent downloaded the latest update yet. last time this problem happened the update seemed to fix it. But i am with you. its sad that we can't send files via any of the mssgers

Originally Posted by rikisky View Post
well yeah, that's what i meant, thru a 3rd party app, on my old symbian phones, with 'slick' you could even open the camera, take a photo and send it without ever leaving the app's UI
I love slick! that worked amzazingly on my n95!!!! send and receive all kinds of files. data, word doc, music, video, all forms of photos. it would be nice on the n900

Posts: 200 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ São Paulo - Brasil
Has anyone been able to make the "file transfer" work?

nope. I'm still using Pidgin for that but only when it's REALLY necessary. Pidgin is sooo slow after the last update. There must be at least 1 person who's got it working... or not?