Hi ti everybody, I am very new to this forum , have been more of an observer. Finally I received my unit this afternoon , full of exitement I switched it on straight away and noticed my screen remained blank and black , absolutely noting apart from the blinking light and the usual Nokia sound . Took the battery out , nothing . Perhaps not inough juice in battery , any advice ? Don't know what else to do , not the best first impression !
writing this on my iPhone 3 gs

Originally Posted by Bollen View Post
Hi ti everybody, I am very new to this forum , have been more of an observer. Finally I received my unit this afternoon , full of exitement I switched it on straight away and noticed my screen remained blank and black , absolutely noting apart from the blinking light and the usual Nokia sound . Took the battery out , nothing . Perhaps not inough juice in battery , any advice ? Don't know what else to do , not the best first impression !
writing this on my iPhone 3 gs
One N900 and an iphone 3GS???? You have lots of money…

lol.....the idea is to sell my 3gs and have the n900 instead. but it looks not good right now with my new toy...

Originally Posted by Bollen View Post
lol.....the idea is to sell my 3gs and have the n900 instead. but it looks not good right now with my new toy...
Your problem is easy. Just go to the store and ask for another.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
I haven't actually tried to do much with mine yet: just received it, set up date and time and (following these forums) checked the microphone. So far so good.

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
I haven't actually tried to do much with mine yet: just received it, set up date and time and (following these forums) checked the microphone. So far so good.
Spent the whole day actually doing some work - it's amazing how many UPS trucks i noticed on the way home though! - good to hear everyone has theirs (who should) and not too many issues.... Apart from Nuknuk's battle with god and the microfone.

Kathy - i hope your ickle N900 was well fed and watered with all it's stop off's before it got to you!!

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
I just worry what naughty things it may have taught Fargus's device on the plane over.

My unboxing pics are in the Brit thread. (and now all over twitter!)

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
i love my N900 not had a single reboot problem and been playing now for 6 hours doing various things.
i did initially have a problem with wifi but that ended up being my router i think b/c when i swapped router everything worked fine.
the screen is just pure WOW very sensative and looks gorgeous
I dreamt of doing so many awesome things with it over the weeks but now its here i dont know what to do now, i'm very happy with the feature set, a normal end use could get along without ever installing any apps as the browaser is more than capable of lot of the stuff you would usually need apps for on other phones.
i'm just really happy so far

Banned | Posts: 537 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ N900 LAND
Good phone ,but its not a phone if you cant talk to anyone

Posts: 322 | Thanked: 305 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Espoo, Finland
Good phone ,but its not a phone if you cant talk to anyone
are you sure that you haven't press the mic mute button