Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
can we get some panoramic Dallas Cowboy Stadium, Six Flags over Texas, or Texas Rangers Ballpark in Arlington? (I loves my city...)
Here's a decent one, but not ideal.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/traveller2020/3167230413/

Here are some others
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/4780006
http://www.panoramio.com/photo/1609614
I wish just once I would see you say here are some panoramic Dallas Cowboy Stadium, Six Flags over Texas, or Texas Rangers Ballpark in Arlington.

Instead all I see is request and complaint.

don't get me wrong complaint is useful, but anyone could easily search google for images and upload wallpapers.

Epi

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epilido For This Useful Post:
Posts: 233 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by sorodoros View Post
Anyone figure out how to use the *.desktop files?
Yes.

Just upload a desktop file along with four pictures to the .images folder on your N900. That's it. Then on the desktop (of the N900) click on any empty space, click the blue gear -icon, click desktop menu and change background.

The background featured in the .desktop file you just uploaded will be in the list of available backgrounds.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Please can someone explain to a bear of very little brain how to actually get some of these onto the device. Do I need to download (and install?) prismic first? Do I d/l them to the pc and transfer? (If so which folder?) Do I just d/l direct and they'll have whatever is needed to make them install?

I'm not overly impressed with the wallpapers that n900 came with and some of these are amazing.

Pretty please?

Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
Please can someone explain to a bear of very little brain how to actually get some of these onto the device. Do I need to download (and install?) prismic first? Do I d/l them to the pc and transfer? (If so which folder?) Do I just d/l direct and they'll have whatever is needed to make them install?

I'm not overly impressed with the wallpapers that n900 came with and some of these are amazing.

Pretty please?
According to this video you put the image files and .desktop file into the Images folder then they appear on the device (see video).

I don't have an N900 yet, so sorry if any of this info is wrong.

Code177, just a quick question, if someone comments on something you've uploaded do you get a notification email? "XXX has commented on your YYY N900 wallpaper" kind of thing? That'd be cool.

Posts: 600 | Thanked: 742 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ England
Please can someone explain to a bear of very little brain how to actually get some of these onto the device.
View the wallpaper website on your N900, then "long-press" on an image and choose "Save Image As" to save it into your N900's images folder.

Fire up the N900's photo viewer, tap on the image to view it, then from the menu choose "Set as background image".

No need to worry about ".desktop" files if you do it that way.

Regards,
Roger

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eiffel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by eiffel View Post
View the wallpaper website on your N900, then "long-press" on an image and choose "Save Image As" to save it into your N900's images folder.

Fire up the N900's photo viewer, tap on the image to view it, then from the menu choose "Set as background image".

No need to worry about ".desktop" files if you do it that way.

Regards,
Roger
Doing it that way only gives me the single image on the single screen... and I don't get the 'looped' effect from the loopab;e screens. It does give me a single image though, which is a start, thanks.

If I click 'save images' and '.desktop' and save them all to images, I can't open the desktop background menu at all. And attempting to d/l has resulted in my first forced reboot as the whole thing hung.

If I wait for 'prismic' will it become easier? And how much will it cost?

Last edited by RevdKathy; 2009-12-01 at 18:50.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
This can be done via USB, if desired, but doing it on the N900 makes her [the N900] more independent!

OK, I used http://www.n900wallpapers.com/wallpaper/bokeh for this.

Click "Save Wallpapers", "Save to device", and choose the Images folder as the destination. You will have to save 4 files, so be warned.

Once that is done, click ".desktop" and save that file in Images. (You can put a '.' in front of the filename if you wish for it to be hidden from the File manager.)

Ooh, lovely. Turns out it crashes when trying to apply the background.
Bokeh's desktop file needs the full path to the files. So, using a text editor, edit the desktop file and make
X-File1=bokeh_0.jpg
X-File2=bokeh_1.jpg
X-File3=bokeh_2.jpg
X-File4=bokeh_3.jpg
X-File1=/home/user/MyDocs/.images/bokeh_0.jpg
X-File2=/home/user/MyDocs/.images/bokeh_1.jpg
X-File3=/home/user/MyDocs/.images/bokeh_2.jpg
X-File4=/home/user/MyDocs/.images/bokeh_3.jpg
Note to self: Hmm, maybe buying Prismic makes sense...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
This can be done via USB, if desired, but doing it on the N900 makes her [the N900] more independent!

OK, I used http://www.n900wallpapers.com/wallpaper/bokeh for this.

Click "Save Wallpapers", "Save to device", and choose the Images folder as the destination. You will have to save 4 files, so be warned.

Once that is done, click ".desktop" and save that file in Images. (You can put a '.' in front of the filename if you wish for it to be hidden from the File manager.)

Ooh, lovely. Turns out it crashes when trying to apply the background.
Bokeh's desktop file needs the full path to the files. So, using a text editor, edit the desktop file and make

Note to self: Hmm, maybe buying Prismic makes sense...
Thank you! While I was editing into my post that it crashed for me, it crashed for you too! I don't feel nearly so stupid now.

[edit]I tried it your way but it can't see the images. Is it because the set I want are png rather than jpg?[/edit]

Last edited by RevdKathy; 2009-12-01 at 19:10.

Ok, I've tried that with two different sets - one .png, one .jpg and I get offered both sets in the 'change background' dialogue, but I'm not seeing any images, and they're not loading. They're definitely there though.

So what is not quite right on that text file? Have I done something wrong?