Active Topics

Posts: 292 | Thanked: 294 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Milan, Italy
Originally Posted by Aonsaithya View Post
Yeah, I consider them poor workarounds for a problem that shouldn't even exist.
I actually find them a very clever workaround to a technologic minor issue. Opinions.

The Following User Says Thank You to Watchmaker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I want to see the SSID and my IP on the lock screen, preferably below the date/mobile network name. How do I go about it?

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I want to see the SSID and my IP on the lock screen, preferably below the date/mobile network name. How do I go about it?
The lockscreen layout is defined in file "/usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/lockscreen/Lockscreen.qml"

You need to create elements for your shown info there, for example just above the "Clock { }" element.

Then you need some scripting to fish out the required info. IP address is easy, and I'd imagine you can also get the SSID out without too much problems.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Thanks, Juice One more silly question: how do you people know these things? Where do I look in the future before having to resort to asking?

Posts: 72 | Thanked: 194 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Norway
Some suggestions:
1. deny 2G connections (to block low security) mode, detect IMSI catchers or provide more information about connections
2. block certain phone numbers (black list) against incoming call
3. silent mode where only calls/SMSes from VIP numbers comes through
4. show time and date in clock and calendar icons like on Nokia N9
5. configure LED patterns like on Nokia N900
6. grouping of contacts

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hhbbap For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Thanks, Juice One more silly question: how do you people know these things? Where do I look in the future before having to resort to asking?
Just about all the stuff you see on your UI are under "/usr/share/", it goes for both applications you install and the SFOS components that make up all the niceties of the device.
Just doing a "ls -l" there shows you pretty much... and find/grep gives you a lot of nice places to start hacking

QML is so tweak-friendly, you can immediately see the results of modifications. And if you botch something, it is easy to restore, just remember to have ssh available all the time you tweak something

UI tweaks, for example require you to restart lipstick after modifying the QML's, just "killall lipstick" is enough to activate your new file.

Looking at that, you will appreciate how hacker friendly the device really is, you can accomplish so much just looking at the QML's and making a small change here and there

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
OK so the short answer is, "by poking around the device." It's not like I am missing 3 m tall neon letters somewhere saying, "OS tweaks **HERE**!"

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
you actually need some kind of developer mind to make mods/tweaks anyway.

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
you actually need some kind of developer mind to make mods/tweaks anyway.
Did I not mention that SW development is what I do for a living?
I am just not familiar with all ins and outs of everything. I never heard if lipstick, for example.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Well, SailfishOS tweaks/patches are mostly just qml mods. So to know what files are used by application you can do some rpm magic. rpm -ql lipstick-jolla-home-qt5 for example. Usually files are well-named and well-organized, so you can find right file with no problem.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post: