Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by lancewex View Post
I see--you enjoy being angry, lonely and said. Quite believable.

If you had just taken your own advice in this thread....
Haha... did you just post that in this thread. What are you looking for? do you really want this to go on?

If you want I can pm you explaining my advice and why it's not valid for my posts but for some other posts in this thread. Yours included.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-06-18 at 20:16.

I'd also like to add my thanks to all the hard working Nokians who obviously gave a lot of time and energy to create something great and seemingly fighting an uphill battle all the way.

Reading this thread reminded me of one of my favorite songs that seemed somewhat appropriate here. I hope that even though the context is American, that the sentiment translates.

You know there in Washington
They got a monument covered with names
Names of folks they say gave their lives for their country
And we oughta honor them
The way I see it
They were just doing what they were told
Now, who I'd like to bestow my gratitude on
Is them free thinking folks of independent mind

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
It all started with Symbian Series 90 and the fantastic device called 7710. (if only it had a higher cpu)

I had (and still have) the joy to grab myself a N900 , a N810 and now a N9 to keep it company.

I may fell in love with Nokia thanks to 7110 & 7650 but the N900 skyrocketed my feelings for this GREAT mobile company.

Thanks to everyone involed in making those magnificent "smartphones"

** S90 / Maemo 5 / Meego Harmattan / S^3 Belle. Best Operating Systems I ever used.

***I hope BB 10 from RIM will be just as good and innovating. It looks like it.

Last edited by HELLASISGREECE; 2012-06-18 at 21:44.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
The BB10 crowd is a different crowd from the MeeGo crowd. Enterprise versus open source/free range.

It will be interesting to see what the amount of people that flock from Maemo/MeeGo to BB10 will ultimately be. I'm sure it'll invariably end up a toss up between Android and iOS catching the most of those that stray from Maemo/MeeGo.

With that said, I'll toss in my thanks to the Nokia Harmattan crew. I've said it all before... they created something rather nice with very little funding, almost zero advertising and created something that despite it being unplugged for the last couple of months for me, it's become my measuring stick for what I will purchase in the future and what I want my OS to act like.

What I'd do to have MeeGo on the larger Lumia 900 screen with the middle microUSB plug not under the flap and a Skype that works with the forward facing video camera.