Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by Pigro View Post
@xrobby: you presumably wouldn't activate the widget when the phone is going to be in your pocket (because it WOULD trigger on your gum, or just the inside of your pocket). it's really just meant for use when the phone is located on a table or bedside cabinet etc.
Good point, but say if the widget is on and you have a phone call, you answer it and the sensor blanks the screen but because your face is close to it would it activate and interfere with the call?

worst case you'd just have the full screen clock app on-screen during the call, which is not at all interactive (you'd need to ctrl-backspace to get out of it while the display is on). I suspect that the phone app would "trump" the clock anyway when a call came in, but either way I don't see a problem. try it out if you are concerned, no need to use it if it doesn't meet your needs :-)

If you buy a niche, highly modifiable smartphone and proceed to mess it up by blindly screwing around, don't just blame the phone, also blame yourelf.

The Following User Says Thank You to Pigro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 539 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
Great idea for an app! One of such kind, you never now you missed it until you got it
Some config options would be really great such like timeout and color. And the 'button' may really be as tiny as a button. Even config options like binary clock app offers would be great, but maybe hard to implement.

Oh, and +1 for commandline switching of app state! Would be useful not only with alarmed but also with desktop activities or SleepAnalyser which can run custom scripts where one could put the call to ProximityClock.

i would love this I have this on my e66, press the single button and the clock would show and stay on until you remove your hand.

very useful on the table or when i dont want to unlock or slide open, also the clock is much bigger.

and what happens when its in your pocket? will the clock just drain the bat?

Originally Posted by Weedalot View Post
and what happens when its in your pocket? will the clock just drain the bat?
This is why I made a home widget

I would love the ability to change the colour. White/grey is too bright for my eyes in the dark.

Hello,

I've just upload a new version (0.3) to extras-testing.
With this new version you can change the color of the clock's background and the numbers. You can also set the clock timeout (in seconds).
All these settings are accessible through the home widget's setting button.
Test&Vote
Tank you.

Best Regards,
Daniele Maio.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to b0unc3 For This Useful Post:
so how many times a second does this thimg poll the proximity sensor?

Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
so how many times a second does this thimg poll the proximity sensor?
You can change (in second) the time the clock will stay on screen.
The sensor's poll timeout is not configurable.