Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 310 | Thanked: 202 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ireland
This is what I get

~ $ /usr/games/pingus --datadir /usr/share/games/pingus/data/ --fullscreen -g 800x480
Welcome to Pingus 0.7.2!
========================
data path: /usr/share/games/pingus/data/
language: English (en)
font encoding: iso-8859-1
sound support: enabled
music support: enabled
resolution: 800x480
fullscreen: enabled

Pingus: Standard exception caught!:
Parse error in file '/home/user/.pingus/savegames/savegames.scm' line 0: file doesn't start with '('
~ $

I also installed libsdl-mixer1.2 i

It's a shame cos I was really enjoying it

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 274 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by king Ralphred View Post
This is what I get

~ $ /usr/games/pingus --datadir /usr/share/games/pingus/data/ --fullscreen -g 800x480
Welcome to Pingus 0.7.2!
========================
data path: /usr/share/games/pingus/data/
language: English (en)
font encoding: iso-8859-1
sound support: enabled
music support: enabled
resolution: 800x480
fullscreen: enabled

Pingus: Standard exception caught!:
Parse error in file '/home/user/.pingus/savegames/savegames.scm' line 0: file doesn't start with '('
~ $

I also installed libsdl-mixer1.2 i

It's a shame cos I was really enjoying it
Hmm, the problem seems to be in your savegame... Have you done anything to with your installation? Also could you paste the first few lines of your '/home/user/.pingus/savegames/savegames.scm'?

If you can tell me how, I will. I haven't done anything with the installation apart from shut the phone down while pingus was running.

it worked using /usr/games/pingus --datadir /usr/share/games/pingus/data/ --fullscreen -g 800x480
but why it doesn't work by the menu icon ? and does it require OCing cause its a bit laggy..or maybe the sound is im not sure

Originally Posted by AgogData View Post
it worked using /usr/games/pingus --datadir /usr/share/games/pingus/data/ --fullscreen -g 800x480
but why it doesn't work by the menu icon ? and does it require OCing cause its a bit laggy..or maybe the sound is im not sure
Thats quite weird since the menu icon runs exactly the same command. I'm just trying stuff blindly but could you try using this .desktop file and see if it works (just unpack it and replace the orginal in /usr/share/applications/hildon/)? And it might be a bit laggy sometimes bu it still works wery well without OC'ing even with sound.
Attached Files
File Type: gz Pingus.desktop.tar.gz (255 Bytes, 111 views)

Last edited by MiK546; 2011-01-19 at 19:52.

Originally Posted by king Ralphred View Post
If you can tell me how, I will. I haven't done anything with the installation apart from shut the phone down while pingus was running.
Just use filebox, I tink it's the easiest way

Originally Posted by MiK546 View Post
Thats quite weird since the menu icon runs exactly the same command. I'm just trying stuff blindly but could you try using this .desktop file and see if it works (just unpack it and replace the orginal in /usr/share/applications/hildon/)? And it might be a bit laggy sometimes bu it still works wery well without OC'ing even with sound.
i'm afraid that didn't work too :'(

That problem is really weird since for some people it just works (like me) and then for some people it doesn't... I really would like to know does the game incorrectly make the savegame for some people (since it complains that the savegame doesn't start with a "(") or maybe it just cant find it (like it can't find the data directory without specifying it's location to it). I'll look what I can do to this tomorrow.

Right. This is how I got it working. I uninstalled pingus and deleted the savegames.scm file using filebox. reinstalled pingus. Still didn't work. So I uninstalled pingus again and deleted the whole .pingus folder and reinstalled pingus again and noiticed that the savegames.scm was missing. tried via the icon with no luck but it started in xterm using /usr/games/pingus --datadir /usr/share/games/pingus/data/ --fullscreen -g 800x480. It must of created the savegames.scm on start up.

Like I said, It worked fine when I first installed it up until I closed the phone down with pingus running.

Originally Posted by AgogData View Post
It didn't lag at all when it ran from the icon but it is doing having to run it from xterm. I wonder if it's because xterm is still open?

Tags
road-house