Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
I must admit I do love the look of that hardware. And the ad looks pretty real btw. Doesn't really say anything about the phone, but it looks pretty sweet. Thin and nice with 4 row keyboard. Doesn't really look like a real phone though. Rendered methinks.
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Yes well if N9 runs Symbian well then it's not my next device.

I think this is a leaked example of an ad... something about that feels very unfinished. For example the woman's voice has been recorded with a desktop comp microphone and the phone itself in there has some buttons very un-Nokia and more like Motorola in th ebottom of the screen.

I think this is about as fake as Pam Anderson's acting talent.

EDIT: Here's the same video on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAR5uRHH2PM

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
I think Nokia should do a celebraty scame like the apple iphone 4. Make it like a stolen device and leaked by accident on a famous site and then bam! stop the leak and announced later.
Nokia is definitely smarter in keeping secret. Unlike Apple, the iPhone clones releases earlier than the real one, with exactly the same hardware spec. (with less quality in case you ask)

no comments ... http://www.nokia-n9.com/

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Well actually come to think of it, that photos application looks a lot like the one seen on already demoed MeeGo devices... but man this Ad ain't kickin' like the one for the N900!

The Following User Says Thank You to cjp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by cjp View Post
I think this is a leaked example of an ad... something about that feels very unfinished. For example the woman's voice has been recorded with a desktop comp microphone and the phone itself in there has some buttons very un-Nokia and more like Motorola in th ebottom of the screen.
Yep I completely agree.

It looks like a draft of an ad yet to be approved. The icons/drawings will at least be animated and probably colored too. Look at how bare the ad looks when it stopped to show (what should be) the video of a boy's performance, accompanied by animated hands+guitars all around the screen.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany , Thüringen
So thats the reason why the Nokia let the N900 Die .. very sarcastic is there anything we cant do .. yes you can do what you want Nokia you dont need to care for the people that buy your beta step from what ever Devices..

I wonder if the N9 is out how many Devs will still work on Meego for the N900 i fear we never will see Meego for the N900 then becouse there is a new toy around..

Last edited by crown77; 2010-06-14 at 17:42.

I would think the n9 will run symbian. And that looks very close to the n8.

The meego devices will probably have a different naming scheme.

This phone is ugly also.

Hoping the meego device will have a 4"+ (4.3 would be great) screen and no keyboard. Thin, solid, sleek, slate like device.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I think it'll turn out to a pretty good ad when fully animated... and I also think that the sketches are not the only placeholders in that ad sample.

The N9 model used is likely to be just a placeholder graphic too.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
I think it'll turn out to a pretty good ad when fully animated... and I also think that the sketches are not the only placeholders in that ad sample.

The N9 model used is likely to be just a placeholder graphic too.
indeed....