Notices

Poll: would you like an auto-tune app on N900?
Poll Options
would you like an auto-tune app on N900?

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
to bump or not to bump

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Puerto Rico
who wouldn't want to sound like t-pain??
i wish i knew how to program so i could make this stuff myself..

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Ames IA, USA
The iphone as an auto tune app.

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Ahh, AutoTune, the aspartame and MSG of the music industry, the application written to make public playing of radio categorized as a globally banned torturing practice, by replacing talent and practice by digital technology. Who wouldn't want more of that?

Actually, I'll start investigating for an app in my to-do list, the Autotune Killer, that would instantly detect autotuned "music" and change the channel (internal Internet radio or IR output for receivers) before any serious harm is done. Should be easy to detect the uniformly repeated chopping in a sub-second.

Disclaimer: Feel free to sing badly in your home if you like, but please concentrate on practicing instead if digital technology if you want to conquer the radio waves. Hoping there will again be a day when the music industry would also have some musical pre-requisites, and not just looks.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to x-rated For This Useful Post:
Imagine making autotuned phonecalls for pranks, or a mobile music instrument that allows you to sing chords in real time ;> EPIC

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
I have piano software which would be easy to modify to some kind of autotune. Have someone compiled libsoundtouch for gstreamer and armel? It is the only problem which prevents me creating "autotune" app.

Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
So what's the evolution of this project...??? It was promising but seems to be dead now!!

Posts: 381 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by rikisky View Post
Exactly, and N900, with the maemtronome, recording + autotune, the guitar tuning app, and the theremin app would be like a little portable studio, even if it's just for the kicks xD ... would be fun trying to make your own songs. I really hope this happens soon : )
Ardour (protools for linux) is aviable for easy debian but refuses to install properly, has anyone managed to port it to native maemo.
-Or just to get it to work under easy debian or something?

I tried the autotalent plugin listed on the previous page in audacity since audacity supports ladspa plugins. I have audacity installed in easy debian and then using debian chroot I copied the autotalent.so binary file to /usr/share/audacity/plug-ins

I can't record audio directly in audacity because it crashes if I try, but using a sound recorder in maemo and importing the .wav to audacity works fine. The plugin seems to apply it's effect, but then I have to save out as a .wav before playing.

Don't have a good example creation yet. It's also not a very fast or simple way to do it, but it's a start. :P

The Following User Says Thank You to rajsite For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by electroaudio View Post
Ardour (protools for linux) is aviable for easy debian but refuses to install properly, has anyone managed to port it to native maemo.
-Or just to get it to work under easy debian or something?
About four years ago I installed Ardour 0.9x on a tiny 256MB 533MHz PIII for a friend, which is reasonably close to the specs of our dear N900. I believe it had a real PCI audio card in its only PCI slot

Back then, Ardour wasn't functionally usable without the jackd realtime audio daemon, and the best latency I could get in jackd was 128ms for mono recording, and 256ms for stereo. Basically, recording alongside an existing track required timeshifting each track manually due to the audio lag. And forget about non-destructive plugins! In other words, I guarantee you Ardour on N900 is more hassle than it's worth.

Fillmore is a Maemo app that appears to fill the same role as Ardour does, but with a slick phone-optimized interface. Unsurprisingly, the same performance caveats apply -- tablet mode and overclocking seem essential to its usefulness.

Tags
question