Notices

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
Perfect! Thank you. Though I shan't be in the UK on Friday. Hav to make do with the dynamic page, I fear.
You're going to be at Maemo Barcelona Long weekend, where I can let you proxy it through my UK host. Just ping me there.

The Following User Says Thank You to zaheerm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by zaheerm View Post
You're going to be at Maemo Barcelona Long weekend, where I can let you proxy it through my UK host. Just ping me there.
Ohh! Thank you!!! I might take you up on that if the talks are all in Spanish.

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Leicester - United Kingdom
hi,

I am a complete novice when it comes to linux...can you please explian what i need to download and how i run/install this on my N900?

Thanks

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by llaadd View Post
hi,

I am a complete novice when it comes to linux...can you please explian what i need to download and how i run/install this on my N900?

Thanks
I think the answer may be do what i am doing
Wait until the clever people figure it out properly - this would be a great addition if possible. I'm not sure if we as users/dev's can develop this or BBC has to help/assist do it? - can't wait to see something working though
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Kent, UK
Originally Posted by realitygaps View Post
As reported, Iplayer doesnt seem to work well in the browser on the n900. However, get_iplayer (http://linuxcentre.net/getiplayer) allows you to download iplayer content in a number of formats and runs fine in a debian chroot on the n900 (apt-get install get-iplayer).

I've grabbed a number of shows (in the default mov iphone format) and they play great in the maemo 5 media player.

The PVR (http://linuxcentre.net/getiplayer/ge...er-pvr-manager) is also working from the chroot and can be accessed from the maemo browser, giving an easy way to search and record programmes in a GUI.
Thanks for the tip - get_iplayer installs fine and I can pull down mov iphone files and, as you say, they play great in the media player. I'm having some trouble getting the GUI bit to work - does the debian chroot include apache or do I need to install that as well?

Oh, and the bigscreen iplayer is a great tip as well for streaming radio.

Last edited by testmatchspecial; 2009-12-16 at 17:38.

Originally Posted by testmatchspecial View Post
Thanks for the tip - get_iplayer installs fine and I can pull down mov iphone files and, as you say, they play great in the media player. I'm having some trouble getting the GUI bit to work - does the debian chroot include apache or do I need to install that as well?

Oh, and the bigscreen iplayer is a great tip as well for streaming radio.
please can you help me to install this on my phone, I have tried a few things but don't seem to work!

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Kent, UK
Originally Posted by llaadd View Post
please can you help me to install this on my phone, I have tried a few things but don't seem to work!
Which bit are you stuck on? In answer to my own question above, you have to apt-get install apache2 before following the instructions for installing the web gui (which I now have working).

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
I for one would welcome a 'bear of very little brain' walk-thru. I've only ever entered one command line in X-terminal. I know I'm way out of my depth (I found a command last night I felt brave enough to try... baby steps, little bear) but getting TMS streamed is something I am Highly Motivated to do (I miss Aggers and the team). Following twitter isn't quite the same.

So a really basic .. 'go here, get this, get that, install it like this, open X-terminal and type this' sort of description would be great. preferably before South Africa hammer us completely this test (or is that too late?)

Originally Posted by testmatchspecial View Post
Which bit are you stuck on? In answer to my own question above, you have to apt-get install apache2 before following the instructions for installing the web gui (which I now have working).
from the beggining, I am a complete noob! I want to be able to know what i'm doing but don't know where to start!!! Once I get going I should be ok but can you tell me exactly what I have to do (if it isn't too long winded for you to explain)?

Thanks a lot!
llaadd

p.s. I agree with RevdKathy, Iknow i'm out of my dept now but don't always want to be!

You have got my vote for a simple 'walk thru' solution.
Im a total noob when it comes to this type of thing.
isn't there some geeky superhero out there who will come to our aid ?