Originally Posted by AndyNokia232 View Post
Not sure if anyone agrees with me here, but surely making a back up of the phone on the phone is not such a great idea. Is there anyway to export the back up file to a safe distance, such as a Mac or PC?
You can always copy that file from your phone to your computer (just like movies, musics or anything else) ... and it is fast to do as N9 is very fast in USB mode (15 Mb. / s.) ...

The Following User Says Thank You to jaripi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Thanks, and I'm assuming it will be just as easy to perform the backup by transferring said file back over to the phone, should I ever need to? Is the N9 smart enough to know that a file named 'Contacts' is the one it should extract from?

Originally Posted by AndyNokia232 View Post
Thanks, and I'm assuming it will be just as easy to perform the backup by transferring said file back over to the phone, should I ever need to? Is the N9 smart enough to know that a file named 'Contacts' is the one it should extract from?
I am lazy to test everything, but I am sure that your valuable contacts can be moved to a proper place, so that N9 will find them ... as long as you have a back up ... I feel that it is an easy job and I have no reason to think that there is any difficulties ...

Why you do not make a contact back up to your SIM card ? (it is easy task, the both way) ...

By the way, a latest Ovi Suite 3.3.86 should work with N9 ... if you have 3.0.0.290 as an original one and updated that through 3.2 ... just let Ovi Suite 3.2 to update itself ... I will let YOU know more when I can reconfirm it (it is surprise that it works now) ...

Last edited by jaripi; 2012-01-23 at 19:07.

The Following User Says Thank You to jaripi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Helsinki
I also get the error message "Can't export contacts" when I try to export all contacts. When I try to export them individually, one by one, contacts with certain characters in the name fail – such as the ones that have a slash in them.

Maybe slashes don't get filtered out where they should...

If you have problems exporting contacts, check if that's the reason.

Also get problem with "can't export contacts" when I choose to export all. Someone submit a bug please. Too many bugs for me to submit on my own. Gets tiring.

Edit: Weird. A lot of the contacts got exported to Contacts folder. I don't know which ones didn't though and why it's giving me this problem.

Edit2: Yeah it definitely didn't get everything. Only 265 contacts out of maybe 800. All these bugs are getting me really annoyed even more so when I remember what I paid for this.

Last edited by isfr21; 2012-01-29 at 05:10.

Posts: 192 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Austin, Tx
Its odd, I am running PC Suite (7.1.62.1) and my N9 connects with it no problems via bluetooth, however if I use a cable connection it says its not supported. very odd.

I will need to try the Ovi Suite 3.0.0.290 trick to see if it works.

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 238 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by jaripi View Post
By the way, a latest Ovi Suite 3.3.86 should work with N9 ... if you have 3.0.0.290 as an original one and updated that through 3.2 ... just let Ovi Suite 3.2 to update itself ... I will let YOU know more when I can reconfirm it (it is surprise that it works now) ...
Well, there are few posts in Betalabs thread about NS & N9 (http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/nokia...076/n9-support) which still say that N9 does not work anymore in NS3.3. I.e. the same what was already said in the first post in this thread. Or did you found a way to get around of this block?

Last edited by JiiHoo; 2012-01-26 at 21:51.

The Following User Says Thank You to JiiHoo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jaripi View Post
I made a quick check for you, it saves that file (well, Contacts folder with your contacts info) in MyDocs folder ... when you use that: Export contacts - File ...

If you failed with it: did you choose the contacts to export (use: "Mark all" - click "Done") - it maybe failed, if you did not choose any contacts to export ... well, just my guess ...
yeah i did the "marl all".

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Does anyone know where I can find version 3.2.100? I kind of took it hard by updating to this damn latest version which killed the N9 sync. Now I went back to the magic 3.0.0.290 but I do not want to get stuck with that and would be nice to come back to latest suite version which worked with N9. I tried my best to find 3.2.100 but everything seems to point to the Nokia installer which of course gets you the latest evil version.