Notices

Originally Posted by harp View Post
The best solution I can see to this problem is Remote Desktop. It adds extra steps to the process but at least you will be able to do online banking with the N900.
hi there - you couldn't detail how you do this by any chance? I came upon this thread whilst searching for active x. As my employers web portal with its link to my remote desktop uses an active x component I can't access it on my N900. Its an issue as my work is always out of office and frequently by road side/on hill/or similar area wih lack of ie enabled comps. Whilst I rarely feel the need to check my rather unimportant email there are a lot of policy documents etc that can be useful to access.
I understand that many people will say get the it dept to review its reliance on ms products the reality is this won't happen unless the chief exec wills it!

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australian in the Philippines
@scoobied

They are talking about having a windows computer either local to the N900 or accessible over the internet - they then use vncviewer or rdesktop to run IE on the remote machine, these programs forward the display back to the N900. It's not terribly elegant but it works.

The Following User Says Thank You to dchky For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dchky View Post
@scoobied

They are talking about having a windows computer either local to the N900 or accessible over the internet - they then use vncviewer or rdesktop to run IE on the remote machine, these programs forward the display back to the N900. It's not terribly elegant but it works.
Ah I thought that would be it - seems a bit of a faff so I think I'll carry on with my normal system of waiting till I get back.

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Dubai
i've found that, with my bank, using the opera browser works fine

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Originally Posted by scoobied View Post
hi there - you couldn't detail how you do this by any chance? I came upon this thread whilst searching for active x. As my employers web portal with its link to my remote desktop uses an active x component I can't access it on my N900. Its an issue as my work is always out of office and frequently by road side/on hill/or similar area wih lack of ie enabled comps. Whilst I rarely feel the need to check my rather unimportant email there are a lot of policy documents etc that can be useful to access.
I understand that many people will say get the it dept to review its reliance on ms products the reality is this won't happen unless the chief exec wills it!
Since, in your case, the active-x is just to run a remote desktop viewer maybe you can have a word with the IT department at your work to see if you can use a regular remote desktop client to connect.

The Following User Says Thank You to retsaw For This Useful Post: