Active Topics

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oregon, USA
Originally Posted by chrisp7 View Post
After 4 months... only 4/5 applications have ever been created as a result of brainstorm.
Dude! I'd say you're doing better than most of us if 80% of your brainstorms are implemented!

Originally Posted by chrisp7 View Post
I dont want to discuss the pros and cons, for me its massively important and for me fMMS (as it stands) with its current lack of integration makes it unusable.Please can someone confirm/deny that Nokia wont officially support MMS. (a standard function for all mobile 3g/GSM devices).
1) if it was massively important then why in heaven's name did you buy this device

2) "a standard function" isn't true. A common function, and often one left to the second major revision of a new operating system, often well over a year later (iPhone, Android) - actually the Palm Pre was the first OS in recent times to release with MMS support. Well done, palm.

3) it's not gonna happen for maemo 5.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to schettj For This Useful Post:
BUT .... will it happen for MEEGO.....? :P

In the early videos where nokia reps showed the N900 they said that MMS would come in a update..

fMMS works but I really want it implemented in the conversations app.
MMS might not be that popular in some countries but in Sweden it is. I know it is outdated but my mother doesent have a computer and is not allowed private email at work. So an MMS with pics of her grandchildren is really something for her as she lives far away.

really strange that Nokia wont implement this, but if they want to reach the masses with the next device I think MMS is a must..

The Following User Says Thank You to m1cke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by m1cke View Post
In the early videos where nokia reps showed the N900 they said that MMS would come in a update..

fMMS works but I really want it implemented in the conversations app.
MMS might not be that popular in some countries but in Sweden it is. I know it is outdated but my mother doesent have a computer and is not allowed private email at work. So an MMS with pics of her grandchildren is really something for her as she lives far away.

really strange that Nokia wont implement this, but if they want to reach the masses with the next device I think MMS is a must..
Have you checked the fmms thread?

Frals has received help from Nokia... - and has a lot to do... but there's no reason why he can't make it simpler to use

fmms isn't a must, it's an option...... I would have liked it, but happy to wait for frals

If people are that annoyed that it doesn't have it... you didn't do your research, and you didn't get the right device for you...

Simples......
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

The Following User Says Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
I don't believe this, Nokia won't support MMS? I don't think so!

Sure Nokia has higher priorities BUT it WILL creep into the Nokia N900 at some point in the future.

There is no way on this earth Nokia will not support MMS (and Video Calling).

Originally Posted by craftyguy View Post
Dude! I'd say you're doing better than most of us if 80% of your brainstorms are implemented!
Im not talking about mine - Im talking about the ENTIRE brainstorm forum. 4/5 apps created as a result of ALL of that creative input. Death spiral.

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by rash.m2k View Post

Sure Nokia has higher priorities BUT it WILL creep into the Nokia N900 at some point in the future.

erm, they have said they will not support it? and that They will support Frals, heck they even flew him to see them

Isn't the fact they have said that, a giveaway that they will not do it themselves?
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 125 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by rash.m2k View Post

They have said that they are not going to support it officially, fMMS does that, why people just donīt understand that.

Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
Have you checked the fmms thread?

Frals has received help from Nokia... - and has a lot to do... but there's no reason why he can't make it simpler to use

fmms isn't a must, it's an option...... I would have liked it, but happy to wait for frals

If people are that annoyed that it doesn't have it... you didn't do your research, and you didn't get the right device for you...

Simples......
I knew the N900 wouldnt have MMS and was very happy to wait it out as the implication from Nokia was that it was a work in progress and that MMS would be added later, portait mode etc. It turns out that MMS now WONT be added and the brainstorm community ISNT creating apps. The N900 isnt in a good state imo. If the next firmware update isnt a massive step forward (which it wont be) Im selling, it so sad, the N900 has/d MASSIVE potential and Nokia seem to have dropped the ball for consumers...again.

Last edited by chrisp7; 2010-03-10 at 08:50.

Tags
fmms, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, mms, rehash