Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 237 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Serbia
New version, 0.6.0 is now in extras-devel... Check the first post for change log..

Enjoy.

TRX.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to trx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by trx View Post
New version, 0.6.0 is now in extras-devel... Check the first post for change log..

Enjoy.

TRX.
Thanks. It's probably the best editor for maemo now

Kinetic scrolling with the line number bar would be nice addition.

Last edited by laasonen; 2011-04-17 at 14:14.

The Following User Says Thank You to laasonen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by laasonen View Post
Thanks. It's probably the best editor for maemo now

Kinetic scrolling with the line number bar would be nice addition.
Thank you for the compliment

What do you mean by line number bar?

TRX.

Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by trx View Post
What do you mean by line number bar?

TRX.
The gray area on the left. It currently doesn't do anything when you click it, so I thought it could be used for scrolling, for example when you want to scroll only couple lines.

The Following User Says Thank You to laasonen For This Useful Post:
@trx
At last! After i don't know months My most awaited macro feature is now implemented lol! Thanks!!!! Now hoping for the code compiling feature.

The Following User Says Thank You to Radicalz38 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by laasonen View Post
The gray area on the left. It currently doesn't do anything when you click it, so I thought it could be used for scrolling, for example when you want to scroll only couple lines.
Oh, thats a nice idea... I'll try and implement that, thanks!

Originally Posted by Radicalz38 View Post
@trx
At last! After i don't know months My most awaited macro feature is now implemented lol! Thanks!!!! Now hoping for the code compiling feature.
You can use "scripts" menu to run scripts which compile your code, a window will open, and show you the result. if it needs input, you can send input too..

TRX.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to trx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 43 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sweden
Great work on the new version! Now it's probably going to be my default code editor for the N900. The battery life is also happy for the introduction of colour schemes :-)

Seeing that it opens a blank file at startup, it would be nice to have a menu pop up at startup from which you can choose to open the most recent files. Otherwise you have to navigate to the file each time the program starts.

The Following User Says Thank You to sowwhatyoureap For This Useful Post:
There is a "Open Recent" feature in File Menu already if you didn't notice, or were you saying that it should pop up on start up anyway?

TRX.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
I just noticed that hardware-keyboard mapped {, }, and ] symbols don't work for me if mapped to Shift+Fn+V, Shift+Fn+B, and Shift+Fn+M, respectively. Oddly, Shift+Fn+N mapped to [ works fine.

I have only barely used TxPad after this latest update, so I'm not sure if this was an issue on earlier versions. It may also only work for Shift+Fn+N because instead of ", I have a dead-double-acute (which converts to a " when combined with itself or a space) mapped to Fn+N.

Another thing: It seems that the proximity sensor is still polled when you're not using the editor (at least, when you're in the task switcher, and cover the proximity sensor, you can see in the TxPad window that the proximity-sensor triggered menu comes up anyway - since constant proximity sensor polling is a rather high energy waste, and you might leave an open instance of TxPad in the background while spending a prolonged amount of time reading up on documentation or just doing anything else, it would be nice if the proximity sensor was only polled when TxPad was the currently open window, and at the same time was actually visible (I.E. the screen wasn't off).

Other than that I really like this editor, and while I'm currently in the habit of using vi on my N900, I can easily see myself deferring to this when coding something actually complicated.

- Edit -

@ post two posts before this one - battery life will not be significantly effected regardless of color scheme - the kind of battery life savings you could get from different color schemes was if the screen's pixels could be made to turn off (I.E. not emit any light) when they're completely black - the N900's pixels don't do that, and "black" on the N900's screen is still not true black - as a result, the amount of energy used is either the same, or almost identical. The N900's screen also has a backlight which uses significantly more energy than the screen's pixels do, regardless of color. However, I DO like the option to change color scheme.

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2011-04-18 at 20:08.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
I just noticed that hardware-keyboard mapped {, }, and ] symbols don't work for me if mapped to Shift+Fn+V, Shift+Fn+B, and Shift+Fn+M, respectively. Oddly, Shift+Fn+N mapped to [ works fine.

I have only barely used TxPad after this latest update, so I'm not sure if this was an issue on earlier versions. It may also only work for Shift+Fn+N because instead of ", I have a dead-double-acute (which converts to a " when combined with itself or a space) mapped to Fn+N.
Can you point me to what you did to map those keys so i can try and test/fix it?

Another thing: It seems that the proximity sensor is still polled when you're not using the editor (at least, when you're in the task switcher, and cover the proximity sensor, you can see in the TxPad window that the proximity-sensor triggered menu comes up anyway - since constant proximity sensor polling is a rather high energy waste, and you might leave an open instance of TxPad in the background while spending a prolonged amount of time reading up on documentation or just doing anything else, it would be nice if the proximity sensor was only polled when TxPad was the currently open window, and at the same time was actually visible (I.E. the screen wasn't off).
Good point, i have implemented that, expect it in the next version..

Other than that I really like this editor, and while I'm currently in the habit of using vi on my N900, I can easily see myself deferring to this when coding something actually complicated.
Good to know that i'm making something usefull, thanks.

TRX.

Tags
txpad