Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
guys can someone pls tell me what is exactly meaned with hack?breaking the admin rights?or what?and what i can do with a hacked windows xp?i dont want to hack my pc im only interested in what my phone can do....

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

Originally Posted by Laughingstok View Post
One step away from database functionality.

I ran gem install activerecord (You will need to edit the pound-bang notation to point to ruby1.8 instead of just ruby on "gem") and ctrl-c'd out of the documentation part (Who cares about compiled documentation? )

Then attempting to do gem install sqlite3-ruby tossed errors as well as trying just gem install sqlite.

Unfortunately I'm not totally awesome enough to figure out why as I have zero experience with Ruby (I'm a Perl guy )

Anyone managed to get the database drivers working for this?

P.S. - Hawaii, you're not cool. While I agree keeping tools out of the hands of people who aren't advanced enough to fully understand what they're doing, the attitude you portray doesn't compliment that of someone who is trying to portray they're intelligent. You just look like a fat geek.
database functionality works, unfortunately it eats up rootfs space and since I don't care to prefix the installs and then symlink everything, nor do I actually use it that often, I didn't include instructions on it. both hdmoore and I have it working.

I'm 160 lbs, soaking wet. I don't like mountain dew, I don't like cheetos, I don't spend the majority of my time in front of a computer screen and I have a significant other. I could careless about coming across as intelligent to 90% of the people that post on these forums or looking "cool" on the internet, so you should bring another argument with you next time.

If the way I talk bothers you, put me on ignore and enjoy your day.

Last edited by hawaii; 2010-06-14 at 13:54.

Originally Posted by hawaii View Post
database functionality works, unfortunately it eats up rootfs space and since I don't care to prefix the installs and then symlink everything, nor do I actually use it that often, I didn't include instructions on it. both hdmoore and I have it working.

I'm 160 lbs, soaking wet. I don't like mountain dew, I don't like cheetos, I don't spend the majority of my time in front of a computer screen and I have a significant other. I could careless about coming across as intelligent to 90% of the people that post on these forums or looking "cool" on the internet, so you should bring another argument with you next time.

If the way I talk bothers you, put me on ignore and enjoy your day.
It doesn't bother me. I was just helping you out letting you know you come across like a douche. More power to you if you care less. Arrogance won't win you any friends though. You catch more flies with honey. Remember that.

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughingstok For This Useful Post:
P.S. - Hawaii, you're not cool. While I agree keeping tools out of the hands of people who aren't advanced enough to fully understand what they're doing, the attitude you portray doesn't compliment that of someone who is trying to portray they're intelligent. You just look like a fat geek.
Hey! As a fat nerd I resent that! </sarcasm>

Anyway one really should not play with pen-test tools without taking time to understand the basics first, it's easy to accidentally mess stuff up for other people if you are not on a properly isolated test network (knowing how to build one [even if it's "just" virtual] should be a first requirement) and it will not probably help much to say that "it was an accident" when the police come to ask why are you cracking the wrong machines...

Don't know how to uncompress tarballs ? Major indication that a lot is to be learned first (and a very brief moment with google would have avoided that embarrasment).

(note "you" is the indefinite pronoun, not a pointer to someone in particular)

If you want to actually learn technology you need to be able to do your own research, asking pointers is fine as long as it doesn't go to the spoon-feeding level. Learning networking and linux basics is probably better done by reading books or talking with local geeks than asking around on forums. "What book would you recommend for learning X" or "Which of these hundreds of Google results would be best for learning X" shows initiative (which is implies willingness to actually learn), "How do I do X" not so much... (X being a basic thing, very specific things for which google offers no help is a different matter but even then consider which is the proper forum for such questions).

You need to know how to crawl before you can walk and how to walk before you can run. (here) Crawling level is knowing how linux basics on the terminal level, walking is knowing enough of networking and the other operating systems in question to make a firewalled test network (also some programming knowledge is highly recommended), only when there is enough knowledge to assure safe training should one try exploits. (It's the same as with martial arts, you need to learn how to train safely before you can start actually training technique).

It doesn't bother me. I was just helping you out letting you know you come across like a douche. More power to you if you care less. Arrogance won't win you any friends though. You catch more flies with honey. Remember that.
Well, I appreciate you telling me I'm a dbag Seems like we're both on the same side, I'm just a metric-pants-ton more aggressive and elitist about it. Meh. I have enough 'friends' who don't know their left hand from their right hand. I'll berate them until they do. It's just how some people learn. It works for me, until it stops, I'll keep on keepin' on.

Originally Posted by hawaii View Post
Neat. Glad some of you found my post useful. There's a few more security related N900 articles there.
as you wrote the post i used to install i was wandering if you could have with this issue i have .. some great posts you wrote cheers ..