Active Topics

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by number41 View Post
By developer device you mean left-overs from a batch of scrapped phones, right? I fail to see any reason why to maintain a shroud of secrecy in regards to nokia's way of putting out the garbage in a productive way...
yeah, "NDA" and "Agreement" are just words...
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
Posts: 509 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ indonesia
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
The N950 I have does with a WH-701 Nokia headset (from an N8). YMMV.

I don't understand the question. I could guess, in which case the answer is "yes, of course packages need the full expressiveness of a Linux filesystem compared with the FAT32 of the mass storage directories"
oh, see that, it support audio remote control. wh-701 come with audio remote control.
I mean does n950 use separate partition memory to install like n900 for MyDocs it us vfat, and installation the 2gb one ( i dunno what format memory it is ? )
Triple Booting : maemo, power kernel 47, nitdroid umay 2,3,4

make ur desktop look awesome use symbian-anna-icons and harmattan icon pack

thanx button if u wanna say thanx dont use reply to save space loo

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 94 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ireland
WAY WAY WAY better. Just got it yesterday and with only a small charge from 9am to 11pm the battery had 60% left and that was using it all day, using camera, web, email, video and wifi all day

Originally Posted by Ignacius View Post
Could you or someone tell us how Maemo 6/Meego battery life performs on N950?? Is better/worse than on N900??

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to colm.smyth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 334 | Thanked: 94 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ireland
You can set the networks you like to auto connect with in range

Originally Posted by somedude View Post
how does the wifi work? similr to n900 where if known network is found it auto connects? and does the browser have text wrapping on zoom?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to colm.smyth For This Useful Post:
i want an n950.

nokia why you do this to me .

i'm jelly all you developers.. i can't even given a option to buy it. later.

Originally Posted by somedude View Post
how does the wifi work? similr to n900 where if known network is found it auto connects?
Yes, you can change the settings for each network to not connect automatically though.

and does the browser have text wrapping on zoom?
I don't think so, but I'm not too sure how the browser handles text sizes, and it's being improved and refined all the time still.

The Following User Says Thank You to kanishou For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
Not jealous, annoyed. Your all treating this thing like it's a god-damned Jesus phone that will end cancer and ascend mankind to the gods.

It's not.

It is a dead, end of line abortion. An inkling of what the team behind the N900 were trying to create before they were buttfvcked and force to design the equally pointless N9.

Don't you get it? The N9 HAS NO FUTURE. The N950 HAS NO FUTURE. There will be no firmware updates and almost certainly no 'appz'. Everything that sucks about the N900 (see lack of support) this thing will embody. N9^N900 suck.

And now the creme de la crap, the steamer on the cake, the most talented of the maemo developers have been given a 'loan' of one so they can port programs that no one can use to a platform that apparently only 250 of exist.

It is not like this thing even runs meego with a tiny possibility of a future, it runs 'harmattan'. An absolute 1 way, council estate cul de sac of an OS. Further more it is not even the same hardware as this N9 so fvck knows what good it will be for 'porting appz'.

While I accepted the follow device would be the final nail in the coffin for the N900, I never guessed the final nail would have the functional equivalent of a dildo in an orphanage.

Thank you.
Oh dear.

Some responses to this:

There will be updates as has been mentioned before and there will most certainly be "appz". Plenty of them. Just not in the tens of thousands.

There is a lot that sucks about the N900 actually that does not suck about the N9, but I realize that was not your point.

MeeGo's future (on phones) is entirely uncertain, and it may never leave the starting holes. Harmattan has plenty of commercial support, and will benefit from Nokia developers porting their applications. It is also awesome and made of unicorns, which should help.

The N950 is almost identical hardware, and runs 99.9% identical software, so worrying about application compatibility is rather silly. The minor differences are well documented and can be accounted for. Obviously it is expected that serious developers will use N9s for their final testing any ways, but necessary it is not.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kanishou For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kanishou View Post
There will be updates...
ORLY?

N900 - supported at the time and the penultimate step towards the future of nokia. 8 months later, ABANDONED.

N9 - A publicly denounced meeto. 8 seconds later, ABANDONED.

Do you HONESTLY believe that this thing will get support? Really? REALLY? What is wrong with you people?

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me a third time? awww FFS nokia.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
ORLY?

N900 - supported at the time and the penultimate step towards the future of nokia. 8 months later, ABANDONED.

N9 - A publicly denounced meeto. 8 seconds later, ABANDONED.

Do you HONESTLY believe that this thing will get support? Really? REALLY? What is wrong with you people?
not obvious why you are so mad
they got a dev device.
nice for them.
someone said that the N950 not being a consumer device was an advantage.
not sure how that adds up, but strikes me as odd.
feeling more an elite, maybe?

anyway, we got 3 PRs for the N900 and even though we may still think of it as a perfectly okay device, Maemo release policy is limited to one version per device (except for the 770, which had two).
it is going to be up to you to install Hermatan HE on your N900 if you'd like it, otherwise, you have to live with Fremantle.
nothing to get mad @

as to Harmatan's future... what will be will be.
getting utterly mad @ it won' t make a difference, neither :|

The Following User Says Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
ORLY?
[...]
someone said that the N950 not being a consumer device was an advantage.
not sure how that adds up, but strikes me as odd.
feeling more an elite, maybe?
thinking of it, having only 250 ppl having it will seriously limit the contributions; there may be once a NITDroid release for the N9 which will probably also run (more or less) on the N950, but it is likely not to support the hw kbd (well), which makes the whole point of having a N950 rather futile

[...]
as to Harmatan's future... what will be will be.
getting utterly mad @ it won' t make a difference, neither :|
hate NOKIA if you have to
like you said yourself, post it once is okay, even though watching out for offensive wording may help getting your message across, post it twice if you really have to, but the third time it gets trollish, no matter how you put it...

(somewhat) more to the point, the future of Linux / GNU on mobile internet devices may lie with MeeGo and Intel and other mobile handset manufacturers now.
NOKIA may get back to it once the wp barge will have sunk for good (or @ least proven its unpopularity yet again)
'til then... so long, and thanks for all the fish

Last edited by misterc; 2011-07-21 at 12:39.