Closed Thread
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Just help him anyway, continue on. Can't ever argue with answers.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Nope. You shared your emotions to him disliking your beloved phone.

Learn to separate the two. And please add the option to be helpful or just plain leave no comments instead of the typical knee-jerk reaction of posting something negative if people (shock, gasp, horror) have different opinions than yourself.

You also seem to be first in line to spout out negativity too. Time to stop, you think? There is a very visible consequence for such actions.

Simpler terms, if you deem something foolish, why respond?
I seem to be first in line to spout negativity?
C'mon. I've helped a bunch of people in need of help. Unless you can prove that I am more negative than I am helpful, I call b******* on your claim.

The initial post was an opinion post and not one asking for help. And I responded by giving my opinion. Am I not allowed to do that? Or are whiners the only ones entitled to opinions?

Besides, I was reacting to his not needing help statement. I thought it was ironic, hence the facepalm comment. If you continued reading, I actually suggested a fix to his portrait-landscape issue

Last edited by xomm; 2010-06-05 at 13:44. Reason: Profanity

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North Carolina, USA
Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
I am not employed by Nokia. If I was then maybe I'd give a sh*t. I would've helped despite the whining but he specifically requested no help
And why are you here?

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Ok guys.

This is just another in a long line of vanity threads and we all know how they wind up.

The poster did make very clear he was not interested in any solutions. No need to dogpile on him for his sentiments, and at the same time, no reason to dogpile on those who point out the pointlessness of such vanity threads.

Let's find something better to do.

Originally Posted by davbost View Post
And why are you here?
To find ways to maximize my device. The forum is not customer service. I don't get a paycheck from Nokia every time I help someone.
The help received on the forums is out of the generosity of the members. The members don't owe anybody help but they help people.
Coming on here with a feeling of self entitlement is nothing short of rude.

Nokia Customer Service HAS to help. Forum members CHOOSE to help. That's the big difference

C'mon. I've helped a bunch of people in need of help. Unless you can prove that I am more negative than I am helpful, I call bullsh*t on your claim.
Thanks for proving my point. Name one positive thing you've said in this thread other than patting yourself on your own back of your prior accomplishments.

Don't forget to include your decision to curse at me as well.

The initial post was an opinion post and not one asking for help. And I responded by giving my opinion. Am I not allowed to do that? Or are whiners the only ones entitled to opinions?
Ever thought that the label of "whiner" could be met with the label of "teacher" and thus force those "whiners" to learn more instead of feeling more alienated?

The pack mentality is strong with you. I'd suggest dropping it. It's rather ugly.

Besides, I was reacting to his not needing help statement. I thought it was ironic, hence the facepalm comment. If you continued reading, I actually suggested a fix to his portrait-landscape issue
I did read. First comment... real helpful.

Ok. You don't get my point; doubtful you will. So I'll state it once more.

Want to be helpful, then be helpful. If you see a thread with what you call "idiotic", then why post in it? You don't have to. But you did anyway... over and over.

And you were one of the first with a rather useless response.

Facepalm.

You're doing it wrong.

Regardless. I'm trying to say that the current negativity around here; you're a very visible person when there is no need to be. Want to continue cursing at me, I will report that post too.

I suggest that you see that I'm trying to help this community; not belittle you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Ok guys.

This is just another in a long line of vanity threads and we all know how they wind up.

The poster did make very clear he was not interested in any solutions. No need to dogpile on him for his sentiments, and at the same time, no reason to dogpile on those who point out the pointlessness of such vanity threads.

Let's find something better to do.
This thread has no reason to remain open unless you wish to continue down the path. Either path.

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North Carolina, USA
C'mon. I've helped a bunch of people in need of help. Unless you can prove that I am more negative than I am helpful, I call bullsh*t on your claim.

All im asking is a change in attatude. I see this all the time. Worthless post and no help.
How about this? What is the problem? How can I help? And leave it at that. I have wasted alot of time reading thru bull$#IT post. Its just a wast of time. How may I help? How simple can that be?

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Thanks for proving my point. Name one positive thing you've said in this thread other than patting yourself on your own back of your prior accomplishments.

Don't forget to include your decision to curse at me as well.
I cursed at you? You are bigger than this. I said, I call BS on your claim. That is not cursing at you. You said I always spout negativity and I disagree. I try to help when I can. How else am I supposed to respond to that?

I suggested he check his phone orientation settings, didn't I?

Ever thought that the label of "whiner" could be met with the label of "teacher" and thus force those "whiners" to learn more instead of feeling more alienated?

The pack mentality is strong with you. I'd suggest dropping it. It's rather ugly.
What pack mentality?

Originally Posted by gerbick
Want to be helpful, then be helpful. If you see a thread with what you call "idiotic", then why post in it? You don't have to. But you did anyway... over and over.
I chose to post in it because I wanted to. Or I can't do that anymore?

Over and over?

What are you on about?

And I did offer a suggestion to fix his problem.

Regardless. I'm trying to say that the current negativity around here; you're a very visible person when there is no need to be. Want to continue cursing at me, I will report that post too.

I suggest that you see that I'm trying to help this community; not belittle you
Ok, gerbick. You win!
Your prize is in the mail.

Last edited by nosa101; 2010-06-05 at 04:38.

Originally Posted by davbost View Post
All im asking is a change in attatude. I see this all the time. Worthless post and no help.
How about this? What is the problem? How can I help? And leave it at that. I have wasted alot of time reading thru bull$#IT post. Its just a wast of time. How may I help? How simple can that be?
How many posts with users needing help get ignored? Be honest.

Closed Thread

Tags
don't feed the, negative, troll