Active Topics

Poll: Is the new site useable on your Nokia internet tablet
Poll Options
Is the new site useable on your Nokia internet tablet

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
Hey, cut some slack on a one-man run site here.
Reggie, I by no means wanted to imply you were not doing enough in my thread, I have just been very very frustrated recently with trying to use my favorite site on my tablet. I look forward to a solution that works for everyone and I appreciate your time. I am however glad to see I am not the only one upset with the current situation.

Personally I feel the site should be designed with tablet viewing in mind, and forget all the others.

Thanks again and I can't wait for a solution, I always used to use ITT on my n800 and I just want it back.

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Washington DC
I long for the days of the original "classic" front page. Best thing to do would be able to give users the ability to customize the front page's css/layout. Right now, I used to be able to browse the front page on my 770 and iPhone but now the site just makes both my devices choke.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
Reggie, I by no means wanted to imply you were not doing enough in my thread, I have just been very very frustrated recently with trying to use my favorite site on my tablet. I look forward to a solution that works for everyone and I appreciate your time. I am however glad to see I am not the only one upset with the current situation.

Personally I feel the site should be designed with tablet viewing in mind, and forget all the others.

Thanks again and I can't wait for a solution, I always used to use ITT on my n800 and I just want it back.
I'm not really sure the fault is entirely Reggies as I find the N800/microb struggles with most vBulletin forums when using a "full fat" style. Maybe the MicroB browser should be tuned to eradicate the performance problems that are encountered when accessing vBulletin forums rather than trying to fix vBulletin forums on an individual basis? Perhaps a bug in bugzilla is needed as a long term fix as I'm sure forums are a major use case for tablets.

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
I just want it to work, and its not just microb

Here is my question, why when I switch to classic, does everything on the front page look exactly the same, as the default, but it loads without killing my n800. If you had a classic mode with a black theme, I would be in heaven again.

So why if the front page looks the same does it load better when switched to classic, is this different code on the fron page?

Last edited by penguinbait; 2007-11-21 at 23:38.

Re: bookmarks - I try to keep bookmarks to the minimum, because my list of bookmarks always overflow quickly and with the limited space on the N800 it's even worse than on my desktop. For often-used sites I often just enter the URL.. with some aid of the input method's memory (although I'm thinking about spending one of the bookmarks on one of those URLs suggested by Mil). Anyway, I have lots of hope for the auto-recognition of tablet browsers that Reggie is working on! Cheers!

Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
Hey, cut some slack on a one-man run site here
Reggie, I really am sorry, from the nature and content of the site I had assumed serious Nokia involvement.

In the event that this is your personal project then my perception is radically altered and I would like to express my thanks for your making this invaluable resource available.

My usability concerns remain unchanged but I shall express them as requests and suggestions in future and reserve my Nokia induced frustration for Nokia.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
Re: bookmarks - I try to keep bookmarks to the minimum, because my list of bookmarks always overflow quickly and with the limited space on the N800 it's even worse than on my desktop. For often-used sites I often just enter the URL.. with some aid of the input method's memory (although I'm thinking about spending one of the bookmarks on one of those URLs suggested by Mil). Anyway, I have lots of hope for the auto-recognition of tablet browsers that Reggie is working on! Cheers!
For my commonly used bookmarks I have a simple HTML web page hosted on my web space server which I then set as my home page on the N800. If you don't have access to a server you could create the file locally.

Yup, same here (since about 1996 :-). Started with a DOS batch file parsing Netscape's bookmark file ; right now the page (actually, set of pages) is generated by a python script from a specially-tagged subset of my del.icio.us bookmarks.

Odd...

ITT Works absolutely fine on my 770, the beautiful new theme and all. It'll zoom to 120% without any problems

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 895 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Moscow, Russia
Please, remove orange background in «new on forum» strings on the main page! Blue font on orange is goddamn totaly unreadable! It happens when loading without pictures. Pleeeease, mercy my eyes((