Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
xxxxts,
Plot thickens :| Scary stuff. Could it be that your internal memory is somehow corrupted? Flashing fiasco+vanilla could be one "solution" if you are not in debugging for minutes..hours...days...

sygys,
Sadly it was half-fixed :|
For fixes/workarounds read this:
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5894
Please do not rant here about Nokias inability to do bug fixing and QA properly :P

I deleted the 43min song and put others on there, the others worked a lot better. It might be due to the length of the song...

Well there have been atleast over 100 posts about it here and the bug is active as from day one till now. if you ask me its a very anoying one and very obvious one too all the 10.000 owners of the n900. there fore it should have been a very high priority to fix this. yet as till today it wasnt fixed even a bit...

I hate workarounds! it just should work!

and by the way... you guys call this a workaround??? this is just resetting the desktop. and waiting for the next time it will happen.... and then reset it again and again and again. for as long as you want or get sick of it and just leave it be.

TEMPORARY FIX (MANUALLY):
1. open terminal
2. type "root"
3. type "killall hildon-home"

This will restart the entire desktop that forces the play button workable.
maybe we can make an app that resets the desktop every 10 seconds!!!!! that would be AWSOME!!! and all our desktop problems will be fixed.... this is a great solution!! .... its sad it really is...

Last edited by sygys; 2010-06-09 at 09:38.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
@ sygys
As I said with :P and little rant to Nokias direction....Situation SUCKS so thatīs it.

Want to purge frustration? Go here and unleash:
http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/...ces/bd-p/maemo

Otherwise if you can make bug report more detailed for testers and vote then do it. Any other stuff here doesnīt add any more information value to this issue.

Lol all meassages that i post on that nokia forum are removed. i have 20 PM from admins there removing my posts. the most rediculous reasons are given for removing them.

On that forum you may only say how awsome your device is. when you attack nokia for not fixing stuff. your post is getting removed.

Well if I include my own album art with the MP3 then it will show on the widget but I still get the server connection error and the buffering...

Posts: 374 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hungary
TEMPORARY FIX (MANUALLY):
1. open terminal
2. type "root"
3. type "killall hildon-home"

You dont have to do this in every 10 secs. Only once/system startup.
But I can see now Santa has just arrived to you. :-D

Hi All,

I Had the same problem with Album Art, I resolved the isse by deleting all the ".mediaartlocal" Directorys on the Devlce, and then stopping "tracker-processes".

When I started the Media Player again all my Album art returned.

I hope this helps others.

Last edited by Stripe; 2010-06-15 at 20:51.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Regarding the connection to server error, i am getting that too. It only seems to occure when connected to WiFi though. It is random and happend for songs that are on my N900 and play fine a few minutes later.. :?

I have flashed root and emmc and still the same issue. I suspect it is something to do with uPNP but I am not attempting to play media not on the device.

Originally Posted by Blinde View Post
I still have that annoying bug which starts playing music after missed call. Nice to have music playing in your pocket and suddenly notice it. This happens ramdomly sometimes few times on a day, sometimes it takes weeks.

How f***ing hard can it be to fix it?
I've started experiencing this too although I'm not 100% sure it's a product of the 1.2 update as I never had the issue before. I'm thinking it might be inadvertently caused by one of the other apps I've got running?