Notices

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
These days I can no longer get Greasemonkey to work. When I try to install it, I get a message asking me to click reboot to install it, but clicking reboot doesn't reboot, and closing and restarting MicroB doesn't make the message go away or install Greasemonkey.

So, do others have Greasemonkey working? If so, how? I was assuming this problem would be solved at some point.
I uninstalled greasemonkey app and reinstalled and those messages went away...
I just can't get the script I want to run to work now. MicroB never prompts to install the script.

Any suggestions? Can I add the script manually?

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Toulouse
Originally Posted by midori20x View Post
Any suggestions? Can I add the script manually?
You could try uploading the script to a webserver and install it from there.

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/58043

this scrip works well with greasemonkey and google calendar
leaves only the calendar on page ... might be usefull

so whenever i try and install scripts i keep getting some error about a temp file being null. anyone know what im talking about or how to fix?

thanks

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Toulouse
jim, over here it works without a glitch. this also holds for pr1.2, where I did a fresh install of greasemonkey.

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Long Beach
i get acess denied when i try to go .mozilla/micro... im already root by the way.

Originally Posted by jean2323 View Post
dominik: add-ons are messed up ... i "had" to upgrade adblock yesterday to 1.1.1 after reading a post here on maemo.org
everithing got messed up

only way to fix things was to uninstall the extension from application manager then to use terminal to go to .mozilla/microb/extensions and to delete folders

with a "clean" browser ... i reinstalled adblock and greasemonkey

now ... i have no idea if trouble started from adblock 1.1.1 or ... i clicked search for updates (in the add-ons window) .... and there were updates for greasemonkey and some ovi add-on ...

maybe those messed things up???

Originally Posted by jim_0068 View Post
so whenever i try and install scripts i keep getting some error about a temp file being null. anyone know what im talking about or how to fix?

thanks
*bump* I'm having the same issue. This was after a PR 1.2 install. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing greasemonkey, but to no avail.

Last edited by huertanix; 2010-07-25 at 19:03.

Originally Posted by jean2323 View Post
dominik:
only way to fix things was to uninstall the extension from application manager then to use terminal to go to .mozilla/microb/extensions and to delete folders

with a "clean" browser ... i reinstalled adblock and greasemonkey
I tried this, but am still having the same problem of not being able to install GS scripts and getting a this._tempFile is null error.

I looked through the code for the Maemo source package and _tempFile is never assigned a value in config.js, so I'm a bit puzzled as to how this ever worked to begin with. Also, the version of Greasemonkey being used in the Maemo package is from the Triassic era (the year 2009). Perhaps updating the version will make this problem go away?

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on May 2010 @ London
I have managed to install the greasemonkey on my N900 but i am trying to install "Youtube video download" from userscripts.org and i keep getting the this._tempfile is null error.
has any one managed to find a solution can I manually save the .js file somewhere on the file system so that Greasemonkey will pick it up.

Originally Posted by t4ure4n View Post
I have managed to install the greasemonkey on my N900 but i am trying to install "Youtube video download" from userscripts.org and i keep getting the this._tempfile is null error.
has any one managed to find a solution can I manually save the .js file somewhere on the file system so that Greasemonkey will pick it up.
i think i installed a greasemonkey script for transmission (http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/68700) by simply putting it in /home/user/ and then launching microB and entering /home/user/ in de address bar, clicked on the .js file and it "installed"

works like a charm when browsing tpb