Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 239 | Thanked: 194 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Amsterdam
Still need testers for EasyList 0.3.8 in Extras-Testing. Hope you can help me out here.
You can leave a message on the package page if you like.

Thanks!

Package page (for Karma voting):
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...asylist/0.3.8/

But don't forget to follow the Quality Assurance checklist here

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Willem, I decided to install your app as I could do with a check list - its the same scenario as you where my girlfriend will send me a list of shopping!

Firstly, well done! The app works well, does the job and simple. Also, I like the improvements you've made from the beginning (striking the text out & rotation). I could only find one bug, when sorting the list A-Z the list disappears. Pressing the button again (to deselect the sort) doesnt bring the text back. I can only get it back by pressing the checked to bottom button.

^^ Hope that makes sense!

Also, I have one suggestion. If you have the sort A-Z on and then you edit the list, it should auto sort them again when saving the list - this might be the same for the checked ones to the bottom button but I've not checked it.

If any of that doesnt make sense let me know and i'll explain it better!

The Following User Says Thank You to kaos_king For This Useful Post:
Hi Kaos_king,

thanks for your comments. I'm trying to reproduce the disappearing lis when sorting A-Z. But it works fine here. Can you tell me what I need to do to reproduce it?
And what options are on/off (checked to bottom/auto orientation)?

Thanks you!

Interesting, i hope its not something else on my device interferring.

For me I did this:

Sort A-Z off, Checked to bottom off, Auto rotate off, landscape or portrait doesnt matter

- Opened your app (there was nothing in the list)
- I added a few items (actually 6)
- Clicked save (them items now appear with the checkboxes)
- Tapped menu and clicked sort A-Z (No items in the list now!)

Im now at the point where I have no list.

If I click edit list at that point, my items are still there, if i then click save the list displays as normal with the sort A-Z still on.

If im at the no list point and click sort A-Z again to turn it off, it does turn off but there is still no list.

If im at the no list point and click checked to bottom, it turns checked to bottom on and my list reappears.

Maybe its just me? Im not due to flash yet so I cant try it out with a fresh device.

I'll try an uninstall and re-install along with rebooting at the end and see....

Ah I can now see that you have to have Checked to Bottom turned off. Then the bug is reproducable. Thanks for the pointers. Will fix this in the next version.

Ah good that you can recreate it.

Other than that, its all good - used it at shopping before!

Originally Posted by kaos_king View Post
Ah good that you can recreate it.

Other than that, its all good - used it at shopping before!
I've fixed the bugs you've mentioned. Version 0.3.12 can be downloaded from Extras-Develop.

I would really appreciate it if you could test version 0.3.8 for me from Extras-Testing if you have the time. And if that one works well then could you vote for it?

Package page (for Karma voting):
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...asylist/0.3.8/
But don't forget to follow the Quality Assurance checklist here

Thanks a bunch.

Perfect! Working flawlessly.

Only two suggestions, and they are so small that im not bothered if you dont implement them:

1) Button to check all
2) When editing the list, the ability to highlight all the text in one go (I know I can do ctrl+a, but I have to click in the box first). Could the text could be highlighed by touch screen?

Thats all ive got, the app is pretty much done.

Do I have to re-register to vote karma in the garage? I cant seem to log in with my usual info?

** Edit ** - This was testing 0.3.12, not tried the one in extras yet.

Last edited by kaos_king; 2010-09-30 at 12:14.

Originally Posted by kaos_king View Post
Perfect! Working flawlessly.

Only two suggestions, and they are so small that im not bothered if you dont implement them:

1) Button to check all
2) When editing the list, the ability to highlight all the text in one go (I know I can do ctrl+a, but I have to click in the box first). Could the text could be highlighed by touch screen?

Thats all ive got, the app is pretty much done.

Do I have to re-register to vote karma in the garage? I cant seem to log in with my usual info?

** Edit ** - This was testing 0.3.12, not tried the one in extras yet.
For the package website you need a garage.maemo.org account. So yeah you need to sign up for another account. Also the voting is for version 0.3.8.
I won't push the new version (0.3.12) to Extras-Testing until (0.3.8) has been approved and promoted to Extras.
Thanks for testing.

I'll see what I can do with your last ideas.

Nice app!!!

Now that checked items get greyed-out and striked-through, is the white check-box really needed anymore?

It just contains the same information as the grey-out/strike-through feature. Just a thought ;-)

The Following User Says Thank You to generationally For This Useful Post: