Active Topics

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Carrollton, TX
Originally Posted by ajflex View Post
Meego Os is far supreme over Maemo 5 Os.

Why as I said earlier in the post.

This is fact 252 apps to slow and many developer not developing for maemo 5.

Question to you
1. Is there a good car game that use graphic acc for maemo 5 answer no
2. Is there a any good frist person player game no
3 fighting game no
etc.
question
there is a issues the codec when playing videos and and double folder and file no matter what i cant fix.
So you think Maemo is automatically inferior to Meego because it doesn't have certain games that appeal to you? The video playback issue will be fixed in PR1.2 by the way.

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
MeeGo and Maemo have the same app frameworks, so the same apps apply to both. I'm beginning to think the dummy level is rising fast for some reason.

Do you ever just want to grab people and shake them. I feel that way whenever another pointless thread appears containing.

a) "Goodbye N900 - I am going to phone XYZ" - ***** session to follow
b) "Nokia LISTEN TO UZ" - When this isnt a Nokia forum
c) "This phone sucks and is not what I thought it would be" - Despite the numerous reviews and threads here stating exactly what it was.
d) "How do I xyz" - Usually posted above a thread that says "Here is how you XYZ"
e) All of the above.

I weep for the future.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Posts: 133 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Dubai, UAE
I think it would make more sense if Maemo PR1.3 comes and also at the same time users have an option to flash their phone to MeeGo 1.1, if the response for MeeGO from n900 users is good, PR1.4 could be replaced for MeeGo 1.1 !!

Just my two cents

Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
b) "Nokia LISTEN TO UZ" - When this isnt a Nokia forum

I weep for the future.
This is the biggest misconception around here. The community concept is relatively autonomous from Nokia, they simply sponsor it.
The survey on maemo.nokia.com that has been stickied is probably the best way to complain directly to Nokia.

Posts: 850 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
Question to you
3 fighting game no
go get a PSP or GBA or something.
Meego won't suddenly give you dozens of 3D games.

you have really high hopes for Meego, i fear you'll be disappointed once it comes out.

btw, i'm pretty sure we'll see at least 2 more firmware updates for Maemo before Meego is consumer-ready.

nokia is not even giving us pr 1.2, what make u think they'll give us anything meego related?

i just think that a finished meego is veeeery far away. i'm talking about MINIMUM 1 year

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ International
Originally Posted by kazuki View Post
nokia is not even giving us pr 1.2, what make u think they'll give us anything meego related?
Agreed and what makes the whiney masses think that Meego will be better on it's first outing?

Lets just be patient and take things as they come. We will get there eventually.

This is, after all, a work in progress...

Maemo 5 os is good but time for changes for game apps and other stuff it's not happening.

Meego Os is far supreme over Maemo 5 Os.

Why as I said earlier in the post.

This is fact 252 apps to slow and many developer not developing for maemo 5.

Question to you
3 fighting game no
etc.
question
there is a issues the codec when playing videos and and double folder and file no matter what i cant fix

to slow for production
would it benefit we the customer who is supporting, i have been nokia support from the first symbian till now.

Symbian built also support 3rd party developer and other phone moto samsung sony ericsson and etc. look all the apps and game is for symbian over 4977 apps are there.
quote quote
Meego Os will put our n900 in the direction.
Err.. so would QT Compatibility. QT compatibility = libraries are the same across the operating systems (Maemo/Meego/KDE/whatever). Thus any app that's written in QT 4.6 will work on any other device that runs QT 4.6. Of course if the program is written to use a Quad-Core processor obviously it would run terrible on a device that has lower specs.

If Meego didn't have QT compatbility it wouldn't result in any significant increase in games, 3rd programs, etc.. since Meego is spread so far among different devices (TVs, netbooks, phones, etc..etc..). Thus if it wasn't for QT compatibility you would just get a splintering effect with each Meego instance running its own apps and own libraries. What developer would want to build an app on that platform compared to say the iPhone OS, or Android.

The only benefit of running Meego on the N900 would be continual OS level bug fixes (not application compatibility since Maemo will be getting QT 4.6 with PR 1.2). But seeing as how Meego's first release will be 1.1 it'll probably be just as buggy as most first generation operating systems are.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Last edited by Laughing Man; 2010-04-15 at 17:46.

Tags
carrots, divide by 0, gibberish, i want a pony, i wish i was a temp mod, n000bs, wasteland