Posts: 31 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sønderjylland, Denmark
I think it is quite funny comparing iPhone with N900. N900 costs 2/3 of the iPhone, but it still outmaneuvers the iPhone, if you know how to handle the horsepowers.

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Southern Oregon Coast
Originally Posted by Kesse View Post
I think it is quite funny comparing iPhone with N900. N900 costs 2/3 of the iPhone, but it still outmaneuvers the iPhone, if you know how to handle the horsepowers.
How is the N900 less than the iPhone?

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Vienna
I'm really curious about the point of this thread. If you already made up your mind about getting a new device, then why do feel the need to tell anybody here?
You could already be spending time on different forums with likeminded people, without trying to disturb anybody here (and your intentions seemed really rather obvious form the ending of your last post).
So if your mind is set and you don't have anything productive to contribute, kindly leave. We'll promise not be sad.

I can understand him if he doesn't want to tweak around and just want a "ready for use" device.

The Following User Says Thank You to NokiaRocks For This Useful Post:
Posts: 337 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ NYC
Originally Posted by coosbaytv View Post
Again, I am not a coder, just a hard core user and want to spend myu time being productive with my gear, not having to spend half my time looking for workarounds. That, it the reason I will buy the iPad as opposed to a Windows or Android tablet of that size...
And what exactly are you going to produce on the iPad?

Posts: 282 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austin, TX, USA
New unlocked iPhone 3GS 32GB on amazon is $999.99. New unlocked N900 on Amazon is $519.54. (All prices in gringo dollars.)

iPhone itself is cheaper if you get a 2 year AT&T plan with it, but the plan is not cheap. TMobile no-contract plan is a bit cheaper than AT&T plan.

So coosbaytv is right all around.

Sorry, just my opinion and obviously I am way out of place here.
Gee do you think so? You come on a N900 forum and carp on about Leo Laporte doesn't like the N900 so it's **** and then you make a comment like that? What exactly did you expect?

Anyway - if you like Leo so much you should know his best mate John C said that the mouse would never catch on. Not everything pundits say is correct.

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Southern Oregon Coast
Originally Posted by Sopwith View Post
And what exactly are you going to produce on the iPad?
Well, honestly with the Bluetooth keyboard I already have for my N810, I can use it for other forums, document creation, blogging and such.

I am also suspecting that many web apps will have a non flash iPad version for creating various types of media.

I mean if you look at the reality of all the things that are available on the iTouch already, the energy that will grow on this new version of the platform could be pretty amazing!

And, to be honest, if the original pricepoint of the iPad ($800) would have been the entry level price I would not be buying one. But $500 for 16 GB is not bad at all. Anything else can be accessed from the cloud anyway.

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sønderjylland, Denmark
Here, in Denmark, an iPhone 3GS 32GB costs 6000 kr = $1070, while the N900 costs 4025 kr = $719. That is pretty much 2/3.

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ NYC
Well, honestly with the Bluetooth keyboard I already have for my N810, I can use it for other forums, document creation, blogging and such.

I am also suspecting that many web apps will have a non flash iPad version for creating various types of media.
Meh...

Believe me, noone who buys the iPad will create anything worthwhile on it. It's just a toy for dicking around.