Active Topics

Notices

I have the same problem here, and it shows -30 mins or something!

Posts: 352 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Vancouver
Originally Posted by Hany View Post
I have the same problem here, and it shows -30 mins or something!
vote for https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5994

same situation here and i am using fido... anyone know how to fix this?

Same here (India) shows the GMT time not the local time... Very annoying, getting confused at times....

Any fix on this ??

Posts: 189 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
No problem here with SMS time stamp, using Vodafone in Netherlands

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Portugal
Here i had like -2 minutes. But automatic time doesn't works (or at least it seems to NOT work) here on Vodafone, Portugal.
I just changed my phone for like +1 min and it's all okay because we don't have seconds measurement hehe.

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Philippines
Guys when you receive SMS, its time depends on what is set by your telephone/cellphone company.

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Karachi
The sms time depends also on the SENDER's time/timezone on their device. I had this problem on the N900 initally (using in Pakistan, GMT+5 no DST) and had these problems too.

I had initally selected my timezone/location (karachi) and turned on automatic updates. I noticed that it showed my timezone as GMT+6 instead of +5, which was (acc to me) causing all the problems!!!

I then selected a region with GMT +5 (tashkent, turns out) and disabled automatic update. Works just fine now. Turns out some of the labels are wrong (or incorrectly 'corrected') in the worldclock/timezone.

Also, in the conversations window when you select an individual sms, it shows two timestamps under the sender's name. the left one, in grey, is the sender's (or sending networks') time. the right one in white is the time the message was received on the N900 (ie, device time). Since the device uses its own sent/received timestamps to sort sms'es in a conversation, it organizes the messages in the correct order (at least for me, none of the posters here have mentioned if they have this problem?)

However, when it displays the conversation it shows senders time only (the one in grey). i guess that is whats leading us into this confusion?

Hope this helps. cheers

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Ontario, Canada
stas123 posted a fix/workaround in the form of a modified MessagingWidgetsSMSConversation.js for US owners. A few months back I modified it slightly so that it'd work with those set with a canadian region instead. I never decided to post it since it's an easy change but seeing as how I just noticed my time was off again from updates I have just fixed myself up again and I've bundled it together exactly as he did.

So download the zip attached to this post, follow the same instructions at stas123's original post here with the only change being that you set Canada to your region.

Oh and yes you still need to use 24 hour notation for it to work! I like 24 hour notation so that's always been fine with me.

All credit goes to stas123 as all my lazy *** did was change the display format to suit us canadians!
Attached Files
File Type: zip IncomingSMSTimeStampFix-ENCA.zip (11.7 KB, 120 views)

Originally Posted by AshuraZro View Post
stas123 posted a fix/workaround in the form of a modified MessagingWidgetsSMSConversation.js for US owners. A few months back I modified it slightly so that it'd work with those set with a canadian region instead. I never decided to post it since it's an easy change but seeing as how I just noticed my time was off again from updates I have just fixed myself up again and I've bundled it together exactly as he did.

So download the zip attached to this post, follow the same instructions at stas123's original post here with the only change being that you set Canada to your region.

Oh and yes you still need to use 24 hour notation for it to work! I like 24 hour notation so that's always been fine with me.

All credit goes to stas123 as all my lazy *** did was change the display format to suit us canadians!
How do you find this /usr/.... folder? I'm pretty new to rooting but i'm not bad with computers and I didn't see anywhere to put this fix in my phone filesystem. Sorry I'm just looking for a little more breakdown on how to get this file where it needs to go. This stupid time thing is killing me. Has anyone had any success rectifying it from the service provider?