Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
Hop hop hop ... i want to play with it ...

if u think a 52year old user can help u beta test it - i would love to help

i cannot code but i can screw things up royally

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
-1 for distracting Khertan from his apps

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

I would love to help play around with this. I already use the old playtest as a note taking app, and it's great, but I would love the ability to edit notes (like in your video)

if you incorporate pictures, video or audio, and the ability to annotate the text file you're reading, this thing could rival one-note

Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
Hopefully Khertan will use it to plan more apps

pomokey, in years gone by I've used even earlier beta versions some of which had no loaders. I've been thinking about this kind of sketching for a long time now because this is exactly how i see my notes in a pad.

I've always wanted to sit back and never lose what I'm doing or thinking off. Just by glancing at them I know what I as thinking of and everything comes flooding back.
I think its such a powerful tool

Now, onto serious business, I am going to try to get something uploaded to my webspace when I am feelin a bit better, but I am not yet sure how to do the SVN in a semi open manner.

I may simply end up pushing it to the standard garage, then we can discuss the bugs in the tracker and stuff and forget the closed beta.

sound better than messing with finding a new home?

I do however wish to end up with a proper user ready package before I release anything. I dont want people put off by having to jump through hoops or creating folders or messing with config files.

Posts: 480 | Thanked: 378 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Chicago-ish
Well, let me be the first to say... GET BETTER! (Umm... please?) Can't wait to play with the new version!

For SVN, just push the new source to the garage SVN. Subversion should take care of all the differences, etc. without complaining much. If all else fails, just redo the subversion on the garage page.

Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
One other thing.
Thank you all for showing your support, I love to show off this app and will enjoy developing it further.

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
Originally Posted by lcuk View Post
Hopefully Khertan will use it to plan more apps

OK I retract the (-1), +2 to let Khertan at it....

I do however wish to end up with a proper user ready package before I release anything. I dont want people put off by having to jump through hoops or creating folders or messing with config files.
If you can spell out the steps needed, I am more than happy to "Jump through hoops", fully aware that any shortcomings are my own.

TIA

Snoshrk

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

Originally Posted by lcuk View Post
I presume getting it in extras / extras-devel is part of that?

That is an excellent video - although it just makes me want to play with all the more!