Notices

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Tallahassee, FL
sKaBoy --

Thanks for the quick work! The dialogs I mentioned look much better, now!

If you try to view the help file (Help | Contents), a dialog is presented that says:

No suitable web browser executable could be found.

Could not display the URL 'file:/usr/share/locale/index.html'

...there's a similar issue when trying the Get Help Online... and Report a Problem... links. It looks like it doesn't know how to find the tablet's browser...

anyway... let me poke around in this now, and see if I can get some accounts set up! Thanks again for your work on this....

Great work!

I just imported a QFX file containing all 348 of my checking account transactions for the year to date. It worked perfect except that one of the import screens, where you select the account, had the buttons off the bottom of the screen. I had to use the dpad and guess where I was to select the Forward button. Try importing a QFX when no accounts have been set up to see it.

I use MoneyDance in Linux on my laptop (not open source, but very good). This duplicates a lot of the functionality. I wish Homebank had a feature to password protect and encrypt an account file, especially when running it on a tablet that could easily fall into the wrong hands.
PC #1 - HP dv2000 Laptop - Ubuntu 9.10
PC #2 - Ubuntu 9.10
PC #3 - Ubuntu 8.04/Windoze XP dual boot
Nokia N800 internet tablet - OS2008 Diablo dual boot to SD - 4gb internal + 2gb external SD cards

Yep, updated fine and i can get to the buttons now

Niggle for the very bottom of your todo list: the horizontal scrollbar on the Manage Accounts page can be removed.

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Puerto Rico
great app thanks

Ok, it seems it's all fine.. i'll fix remaining bugs as soon as possible.. maybe this afternoon! Right now i'm trying to save some money for my wedding

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
well well, congrats

Congrats sKaBoy!

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Toronto Canada
Many thanks for having done this - it is a great programme. I have been a user of Homebank on the Amiga for many years and only stopped using it when I got my N800 in April of this year. The Amiga upload worked flawlessly and I now have complete records from 2001 until April 2008 on the N800. I am now trying to load some QIF files (from Grisbi) to bring HB up to date but am having problems with P3 of the 'Import' screens which goes off the bottom of the page and, further, when clicking on 'Import' the screen reduces in size (showing the icons on the left). V4.0b-5 is installed.
Just found another minor problem - am using 'Personal Menu' but when going to add HB to the list HB does not show up in the list of available applications - could this be due to the fact that on installing HB it does not offer any location but rather the icon shows up in the 'Extras' file on rebooting?
Again many thanks for some great work - it will be good to have HB to use once again.

Bill MacINTYRE

The Following User Says Thank You to wamjlb For This Useful Post:
tso, laughing man: thank you very much!
wamjlb: i'll fix these bugs asap (i think this morning..) and i'll upload a new version to extras-devel (and maybe promote it to extras..)

Luca

ok, should be fixed now! I've just uploaded to maemo extras-devel a new version. Changelog:
* no splash (faster startup)
* fixed import window
* fixed desktop file (now it works with personal menu)

thank you very much for your support!