Active Topics

Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
Amma, dont take the comments personally - you just happen to be asking to install a closed system on an open phone so to speak

Allthough you can get windows 95/98 etc working on the device, they are not really usable.... Win7 is a different beast, and apart from it really not being at all usable even if someone could miraculously figure out how to port it, the phone itself is just not designed to run the micro-software. (And doesnt have the three h/w buttons)
No sir. really without any criticize. I am thankful to you ppl for answers and really appreciate for your concern to help.

If u can tell onething more, actually, its my first experience to work on Maemo. I used Microsoft Windows always on PC and symbian on Mobiles. So, when I saw WIndows Phone 7, the environment attracted me so I asked...

The Following User Says Thank You to ammadtira For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by volt View Post
Technically, a clever someone with too much time on his hands who is unable to leave a challenge alone, can probably make it possible through virtualization... If he could get his hands on Windows Phone 7. Lots of stuff have been run using virtualization, like Windows 95 and Android.

Experience suggests that would only happen quite some time from now, and only as a proof of concept that would not run very well beyond the fact that it run at all.

In practice, since this sort of OS frontier people no longer feel that Maemo is the future (while MeeGo is), it just will not happen at all.
If you plz explain in simple words??

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Luleå, Sweden
Originally Posted by HugoSon View Post
MS is very strict regarding the hardware specs - the three hardware buttons they want to see on every Phone 7 device are "Start - Search - Back" plus a dedicated "camera button".
Oh!!! I thought you were talking about Ctrl-Alt-Delete :-)

/oxpo

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to oxpo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ammadtira View Post
If you plz explain in simple words??
Okay...

1) Techically it can be done using techniques called virtualization or emulation. And only by someone who have access to Windows Phone 7 code so they could put it there.

2) Only a handful of people would do it if they could, and only to prove a point. Once they had proven it could be done, they would put a video on youtube and then abandon it.

3) The handful of people who could have done it if they wanted to, probably no longer feel a need to prove how excellent Maemo is, because they're expecting Meego. Meego is a new/merged operating system that Nokia will be using instead of what we know as Maemo. It is in part based on Maemo.

Edit: I just realized I failed to use simpler words.

Last edited by volt; 2010-03-29 at 14:58.

Thats right, but it wouldn't have to really be emulated, it really depends on the hardware sets that win 7 mo is released to, i mean some guy got android running and i don't think that was emulated,

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Yorkshire, UK
You forgot Win7 "features." (As MS see them)

Can't run anything of SQL (databases) which also limit functionality
App's can't communicate with eachother.
Walled garden affair, like the iphone, so you can't mod and develop freely.
And silverlight isn't supported. (There version of flash)

Check these for the "what is missing from Win7"
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/03..._paste_b_gone/
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/03...one_7_details/

Only a complete fool would buy something as locked down as this, but the world is full of fools. I mean I bought the N900.

Last edited by twigleaf1976; 2010-03-30 at 13:14. Reason: features is MS features, not actually real world selling points

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by Catacylsm View Post
Thats right, but it wouldn't have to really be emulated, it really depends on the hardware sets that win 7 mo is released to, i mean some guy got android running and i don't think that was emulated,
but the difference is, that android is mostly open source. windows phone 7 not.

Originally Posted by DarkPand0r View Post
Microsoft would get angry and disable the world! then they would be angry as N900 doesn't have 3 hardware buttons.
That was funny, but do you mean only 3 hardware buttons? Because I'm not sure Microsoft specified a maximum. Besides, my n900 has 44 hardware buttons, 4 of which are on the outside. And not that it matters, but it also has 2 sliding switches.

But Win Mobile 7 on the n900 would mean the end of times.

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Esbjerg - Denmark
Originally Posted by oxpo View Post
Oh!!! I thought you were talking about Ctrl-Alt-Delete :-)

/oxpo

LOL thats what i thought to specially when it goes into BSOD or didt they remove that (windows logo) in win 7

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ spain
Originally Posted by ammadtira View Post
Please tell me that is this would be possible to install Windows Phone 7 on N900?
Sorry for stupid question... and very thankful if u ans...
Possible...? Maybe...

But, who the hell in his own mind would want to do such a thing??

Tags
b s o d, douchebaggery, windoze, wrong forum